Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TY beanie babies

TY beanie babies

Old May 9th 2005, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default TY beanie babies

after reading the recent post about the sand filled toy that cost the person $500 to be destroyed at customs,im now worried my daughter has collected these beanie babies for some time and has a few hundred of them,my guess is that there filled with beans hence the name i hadnt thought about it until just now,im going to have trouble with these at customs arent i??has anyone else taken any of these in

any ideas would be appreciated
tracey

Last edited by scissors; May 9th 2005 at 10:24 am.
Old May 9th 2005, 10:24 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TY beanie babies

Originally Posted by scissors
after reading the recent post about the sand filled toy that cost the person $500 to be destroyed at customs,im now worried my daughter has collected these beanie babies for some time and has a few hundred of them,my guess is that there filled with beans hence the name i hadnt thought about it until just now,im going to have trouble with these at customs arent i??has anyone else taken any of these in

tracey
Arent these filled with plastic beans (beads) ? rather than like.. .baked beans or something.

could always cut one of their limbs off and check ;-) cant imagine you'll have a problem. Beany Babies are a global brand, they wouldnt make them from something that was restricted for trafficking purposes.
Old May 9th 2005, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Arent these filled with plastic beans (beads) ? rather than like.. .baked beans or something.

could always cut one of their limbs off and check ;-) cant imagine you'll have a problem. Beany Babies are a global brand, they wouldnt make them from something that was restricted for trafficking purposes.
yes they are very much global maybe im just panicking over nothing,it hadnt even entered my head until i read the post yesterday about a sand filled toy
,good idea i ll cut one of the less rare ones open and have a look whats inside.

thanks for the
anyone else taken any of these collectables into australia,had any problems

tracey
Old May 9th 2005, 10:30 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing what you can find on google....

Expert: Bonnie Thompson
Date:10/3/2000
Subject:Beanie Babies

Question
I`m new to the world of beanie-babies and am hoping you could answer a question for me. I`m wondering if Beanie Babies really contain beans or if they use an artificial filler. I`d rather not cut open my favorite Peace Bear to find out they`re artificial! If they are indeed natural, are you aware of any recipes that can be made using the beans inside? I can only assume that since Ty uses only the finest materials for there Beanies, that the same must be true for their insides! I look forward to your reply, as I am convinced I could make a killing in the market with Beanie Babie Bean Dip as well as Beanie Babie Burritos!

Thank you for your time and I eagerly await your response!

Answer
hi arthur,

unfortunatly, you won't be able to make beanie baby burritos, or beanie baby bean dip with the beans inside beanie babies...if you did, they might be a little hard to eat!

beanie babies, (and buddies, and some attic treasures) are actually filled with circular plastic pellets called "PE pellets". they are the same pellets you might come accros in a bean bag, about the size of a colored pin head (or maybe a bit bigger) "PE" is the short form for the type of (sometimes recycled) plastic fibres used to make the beans...

if you look on the tush tag of the beanie it's contents are usually listed, one beanie "PE pellets"

good luck on that bean dip!

)
Bonnie

Now you dont have to operate.
Old May 9th 2005, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

wow!!thanks for that spalen your a star ...phew what a relief
i was beginning to get a bit worried...lol funny the things you start to think about when your getting ready to pack

tracey
Old May 9th 2005, 10:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Phew, narrow escape for the Beanie babies!

Anyone with very old teddies should beware though - some of the very old bears were stuffed with straw, and they aren't quite so welcome in Australia.
Old May 9th 2005, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Phew, narrow escape for the Beanie babies!

Anyone with very old teddies should beware though - some of the very old bears were stuffed with straw, and they aren't quite so welcome in Australia.
phew polly you dont know what a relief that was, lol, she has some nice disney tedies to but there not filled with strawlol dont scare me like that i have to say its not something i had really thought about though until now,still better to have thought about it and be ok than not thought about it and get caught out at customs
Old May 9th 2005, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by scissors

any ideas would be appreciated
tracey
Hi Tracey

My daughter had a beanie baby in her hand luggage when we flew to Perth. We got stopped when the bag went through their scanning machine :scared: and they asked if we had any food in the bag. 'Definately not', then the woman asked if we had a beanie baby in there, so out it came. She said that was fine and we were allowed through. I made sure my daughter held the toy in her hand when we went back through on the way back!

So if customs let them through in the airport, they will be fine.

Tracy

ps good luck with your move
Old May 9th 2005, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks for that tracy maybe i ought to make sure there easikly accessable then just in case thaey want to check them out

tracey
Originally Posted by tracyd
Hi Tracey

My daughter had a beanie baby in her hand luggage when we flew to Perth. We got stopped when the bag went through their scanning machine :scared: and they asked if we had any food in the bag. 'Definately not', then the woman asked if we had a beanie baby in there, so out it came. She said that was fine and we were allowed through. I made sure my daughter held the toy in her hand when we went back through on the way back!

So if customs let them through in the airport, they will be fine.

Tracy

ps good luck with your move