Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

two year wait???can it be true??

two year wait???can it be true??

Old Aug 9th 2006, 6:44 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default two year wait???can it be true??

i was talking to one friends today who has been told by his agent that he could be looking at a two year wait for full residency.

can this be true?? :scared:

with thanks marcus.

p.s i dont think i can wait that long
Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

lightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nice
Default Re: two year wait???can it be true??

Could be mate.
We started our application in april 2004. visa was granted today, just gotta send me passports off.
It does depend on what visa you go for and if you have a straight forward application or not.
I know people who have cracked it in 6-9 months, but all depends on your circumstances.

all the best of luck with it though.

cockney Rob.....
Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:06 pm
Not long now..

robs12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Took just over 1.5 years from when we first applied to when we got the e-mail...applied Jan 2004, got visa Oct 2005...we did it ourselves, & there were no holdups/problems...
When we finally got bored & I e-mailed them on progress after a few glasses of vino one evening (which they advise not to do - the progress chasing, not the vino), they replied early the next morning... Suspect it was just sat in a pile of paper somewhere on someone's desk....
We fly mid september

Last edited by robs12; Aug 9th 2006 at 7:29 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

ykx1426 has a spectacular aura aboutykx1426 has a spectacular aura aboutykx1426 has a spectacular aura about

Took us 5 months Feb - Jun 06.

Obviously - compare like for like when looking at visa processing times.

We were a 136 visa with MODL

Best of luck with your application
Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Silky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of light

Ours took just over a year for PR Visa, we began our application to ACS 15th Feb, everything went to DIMIA 5th June and we eventually got the visa granted 6th March!

Sara
Old Aug 9th 2006, 9:03 pm
ijo
Ian O

ijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to all
Smile Re: two year wait???can it be true??

Originally Posted by aston man
i was talking to one friends today who has been told by his agent that he could be looking at a two year wait for full residency.

with thanks marcus.

Hi we were quoted at least a year from start to finish but we applied in Feb 24th 06 and received the Visa confirmation Monday 7th August, no-one contacted us just got the email and confirmation copy from Adelaide saying congrats from our agent. We were 136 Modl also
Old Aug 9th 2006, 9:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Not so long ago a wait like 2 years was fairly normal for Skills visas. And its true for Spouse visas - most of them are a two year temp visa before you get permanent resodency.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:55 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Our application (139) took ten months, sent it off Aug 2005 and we got the pre-grant letter May 2006. That included the skills assessment, centrelink interview, form filling and information gathering, having to get new degree certificates issues and birth certificates, being asked to submit more information, and a big hitch with the medical which delayed things by a few months.

We could have been quicker if we had have given it our top priority, but we let things slip for a few weeks every now and then.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 12:17 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not so long ago a wait like 2 years was fairly normal for Skills visas. And its true for Spouse visas - most of them are a two year temp visa before you get permanent resodency.

Unless you've been married for a certain amount of years. I've been married 12 and therefore got permanent residency straight away. I'll apply for citizenship in a year and a half.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man

with thanks marcus.

Ours took nearly 2 years and it was incredibly straightforward. We were on Occupations in Demand List, we had family sponsorship and we had bond money if required (though we didn't need it in the end). My advice to you is keep an eye on your agent - (if you're using one). Im my opinion they were our biggest hold up and in fact we got so fed up we went to DIMIA directly and found out our PR had been granted long before the agents ever knew about it. Kind of took the edge off a bit. As you can imagine we were absolutely fuming.

Still - whatever happens - its well worth it in the end (in my opinion anyway). Best thing we ever did was move to Oz, so well worth the wait.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ijo
Hi we were quoted at least a year from start to finish but we applied in Feb 24th 06 and received the Visa confirmation Monday 7th August, no-one contacted us just got the email and confirmation copy from Adelaide saying congrats from our agent. We were 136 Modl also

That's amazing - we're a 136 modl too - submitted 19th May. Considering some of us have been told there's delays in processing - that's cheered me up! Did you frontload meds and police checks at all?
Old Aug 10th 2006, 6:49 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for all your great replies,its given us hope again.

thanks again Marcus
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

fancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud of

HI ASTON MAN,

Just got our email today confirming our visa took us just over two years from start to finish but it is worth it in the end :scared: .
Good luck in you're long journey to get you're visa but keep you're chin up it's Worth it

GOOD LUCK FANCYFELLA AND THE TRIBE.

P.S YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by fancyfella
HI ASTON MAN,

Just got our email today confirming our visa took us just over two years from start to finish but it is worth it in the end :scared: .
Good luck in you're long journey to get you're visa but keep you're chin up it's Worth it

GOOD LUCK FANCYFELLA AND THE TRIBE.

P.S YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
fancyfella i wish you and your family all the luck in the world..
Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:50 pm
ijo
Ian O

ijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JosieJ
That's amazing - we're a 136 modl too - submitted 19th May. Considering some of us have been told there's delays in processing - that's cheered me up! Did you frontload meds and police checks at all?
I did front load, the police checks were done in March and the meds in June. I would advise doing them closer together than we did as they will take the earlier of the two and use that as the date of latest entry into Oz. Have you emailed the auto response at aspc it will email you back with the batch of visas that are being dealt with that week it helps with the hope process, the email is [email protected] no need to put in a subject just send and they reply automatically updates every Tuesday good luck

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.