Reload this Page >

Two year old traffic fine

Two year old traffic fine

Old Jun 18th 2006, 7:32 am
Just Joined

ypjjansen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Two year old traffic fine

Hi there,

Two years ago I received a traffic fine in Cairns, $150 for doing 74 in a 60 zone. I am back in Australia, live here now, and don't feel to happy about having this fine on my name. Does anyone have any idea how much this fine would be by now??

I am a little scared that this issue will get in the way if I apply for a permanent spouse visa and with starting a job as a nurse......

Thanks a lot!!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 7:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two year old traffic fine

Originally Posted by ypjjansen
Hi there,

Two years ago I received a traffic fine in Cairns, $150 for doing 74 in a 60 zone. I am back in Australia, live here now, and don't feel to happy about having this fine on my name. Does anyone have any idea how much this fine would be by now??

I am a little scared that this issue will get in the way if I apply for a permanent spouse visa and with starting a job as a nurse......

Thanks a lot!!
Are you saying that they fined you and you didn't pay, or that they fined you and you are worried because its on your record?
What visa are you on now?
Old Jun 18th 2006, 8:35 am
Just Joined

I didn't pay...... I am on a spouse visa, provisional resident, sub class 820.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Are you saying that they fined you and you didn't pay, or that they fined you and you are worried because its on your record?
What visa are you on now?
Old Jun 18th 2006, 9:20 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't pay...... I am on a spouse visa, provisional resident, sub class 820.
Would presume its like in France - They can't and don't follow it up so file it.

Donate equivalent sum to a worthwhile charity in your area would be my suggestion. Did you have any problem at Vic Roads in changing your license?
Old Jun 18th 2006, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. I am in WA at the moment, but I am still on my dutch licence. I got into the country allright last January. I never received a fine back home, when I applied for the spouse visa I did not needed a police check.

I am just scared that on the end of the two years, when I apply for the permanent visa that this comes up. If I don't get the permanent visa that would mean I have to stop with my Nursing course (as I can't afford to pay more than one year as an international student).

Originally Posted by thebears
Would presume its like in France - They can't and don't follow it up so file it.

Donate equivalent sum to a worthwhile charity in your area would be my suggestion. Did you have any problem at Vic Roads in changing your license?
Old Jun 18th 2006, 9:46 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply. I am in WA at the moment, but I am still on my dutch licence. I got into the country allright last January. I never received a fine back home, when I applied for the spouse visa I did not needed a police check.

I am just scared that on the end of the two years, when I apply for the permanent visa that this comes up. If I don't get the permanent visa that would mean I have to stop with my Nursing course (as I can't afford to pay more than one year as an international student).
I honestly don't know of speeding appears on the police checks here - it wouldn't show up in the UK. I think maybe your best avenue is to come clean, contact Qld police and ask them, offering to pay! I don't think they would refuse spouse PR on the grounds of an unpaid speeding fine, but it would be better to put your mind at rest now, rather than waiting 2 years!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I honestly don't know of speeding appears on the police checks here - it wouldn't show up in the UK. I think maybe your best avenue is to come clean, contact Qld police and ask them, offering to pay! I don't think they would refuse spouse PR on the grounds of an unpaid speeding fine, but it would be better to put your mind at rest now, rather than waiting 2 years!
I suspect no-one will know right up until you apply for a QLD license or you get pulled up by a blue-light taxi.

Then the co$t$ maybe against you.

WW
Old Jun 18th 2006, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

You are right. I just sent an email, it is just hoping for the best.

If this would come up in two years time, I will be 1 year down the track of my degree, it would be very painfull if at that point I would not get the PR.

Thank you
Old Jun 18th 2006, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

If this would come up in two years time, I will be 1 year down the track of my degree, it would be very painfull if at that point I would not get the PR.

Thank you
Just sent a PM
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:08 pm
Home and Happy

Thank you
I really don't think it would stop you getting PR. Things like murder might , and of course they like you to be still with your spouse, but this wouldn't stop it, even if it came to light. The worst that would happen is they would ask you to pay.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:59 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ypjjansen]Hi there,

Just pay it off and then you have nothing to worry about. It may sting the purse, but who needs that sort of thing hanging over them. Why not contact the body that issued the fine and find out how much it would be now. use a false name when you call. Life is too short to have things hanging over you, put it down to experience, have a few drinks and remember to pay straight away in future.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 8:30 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get caught again on your Dutch licence so they can't cross-reference it or if you still feel guilty throw yourself on the mercy of their transport dept fone collectors.