Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Two wheeled query?

Wikiposts

Two wheeled query?

Old Mar 26th 2005, 3:39 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Two wheeled query?

Well after doing this to my last proper motorbike

My partner and daughter will NOT let me near a proper bike anymore!

BUT!!! ......... I am allowed one of these

Which I have to admit is the most fun

Just wondering how the Pit Bike scene is in Oz??

Mine is going in the crate and I hope to find somewhere to use it, but just wondered if they're over there??
Old Mar 26th 2005, 3:41 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two wheeled query?

Originally Posted by Jim2004

Mine is going in the crate and I hope to find somewhere to use it, but just wondered if they're over there??
Can understand their apprehension. they obviously prefer you alive
Old Mar 26th 2005, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

I have a good Honda Fireblade for sale if you are interested
Old Mar 26th 2005, 3:56 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Can understand their apprehension. they obviously prefer you alive
Indeed! ...... altho only just at one point

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
I have a good Honda Fireblade for sale if you are interested
Would love to, but the biddy bike is as far as it goes for me these days.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Well what do you expect if you leave a concrete block in the driveway?
Old Mar 26th 2005, 4:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Well what do you expect if you leave a concrete block in the driveway?

Very good!
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:49 am
JJ

JJ will become famous soon enoughJJ will become famous soon enough

Have you considered a supamoto, I ride one here in blighty (KTM450) and i know KTM have dealership coverage in Oz, Loads of fun, road leagal and mjuch slower speeds than the rocketship R6
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:59 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jody+Jo
Have you considered a supamoto, I ride one here in blighty (KTM450) and i know KTM have dealership coverage in Oz, Loads of fun, road leagal and mjuch slower speeds than the rocketship R6
Have to agree with all those sand dunes and speed cams on the roads get yer self a ktm i too have 450exc best laugh in the world the more you fall off the better it gets unlike a road bike.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice

looks like a bad t-bone crash. are the wet marks on your drive from your wifes tears or your own?

derek
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jody+Jo
You know I'd consider ANYTHING! ...lol, but have to respect other family members really. I'm lucky to be allowed the biddy bike really, but I do love it. I've got a few bits of waste land nearby (one which is 100 acres and was sposed to be a gold course, but it never happened) and I really love it there. I don't go around doin 6' table tops or anything of the sort, just plod around 10 - 15mph trying to get up stupidly steep hills ...lol. As I say, loads of fun and altho I come off here and there, It's never more than a scratch or bruise

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Have to agree with all those sand dunes and speed cams on the roads get yer self a ktm i too have 450exc best laugh in the world the more you fall off the better it gets unlike a road bike.
LOL, exactly, the more I fall off, the more I laugh ...lol, strange that ?!

Originally Posted by kateandderek
looks like a bad t-bone crash. are the wet marks on your drive from your wifes tears or your own?

derek
Prob mine. yeah all I remember is ................. not a lot! Police said I hit a central reservation between 80 - 120mph, all we know. Bike was found in 5th gear and me 200 yrds up the road!

Live and learn tho
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:58 am
JJ

JJ will become famous soon enoughJJ will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Two wheeled query?

[QUOTE=Jim2004]You know I'd consider ANYTHING! ...lol, but have to respect other family members really. I'm lucky to be allowed the biddy bike really, but I do love it. I've got a few bits of waste land nearby (one which is 100 acres and was sposed to be a gold course, but it never happened) and I really love it there. I don't go around doin 6' table tops or anything of the sort, just plod around 10 - 15mph trying to get up stupidly steep hills ...lol. As I say, loads of fun and altho I come off here and there, It's never more than a scratch or bruise

LOL, exactly, the more I fall off, the more I laugh ...lol, strange that ?!

If you want to reasure the wife and kids you can tell 'em I've come off mine 3 times on track days and always picked it up kicked it over and finished the session before even needing to return to pits!!
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:03 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont think i wouldn't bounce so well with out the full head to foot kit on :scared:

Might get some stablisers
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice

you are very lucky dude!
kate fell off hers when she was going 1 mph (in traffic queue moving out of the way of a police car) caused 600 pounds worth of damage and was in shock for a day!!!!! so i can just imagine how you felt.
we do live and learn.
derek
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:27 am
Account Closed

You know the thing was I was gonna look into doing track days b4 the crash. I have a mate that reckoned I'd be good ?!

Had my fun tho, loads of it over the years. Spent a good few as a courier in London which might say something!? ...lol, but ahhhh, just love the ole bikes.

As I say tho, I DO get my kicks with the lil pit bike, hence the post about if they're in Oz or not, and with the choice of that or nothing, it wins every time.

Wheelies in 3rd gear too ....rofl

I am lucky tho, totally messed myself up. Broke both arms, punctured a lung, made a mess of my ribs and over 200 stitches. Spent 4 days out cold and weeks in hospital caught MRSA in there to just to add to it, but thankfully got rid of that

Live and learn tho as I try to keep telling myself ...lol
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kateandderek
you are very lucky dude!
kate fell off hers when she was going 1 mph (in traffic queue moving out of the way of a police car) caused 600 pounds worth of damage and was in shock for a day!!!!! so i can just imagine how you felt.
we do live and learn.
derek

Yeah I broke my pelvis years ago when I stalled a C90 moped at a set of lights. I don't think I even made 1mph! ...lol