Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pet insurance anyone?

pet insurance anyone?

Old Mar 26th 2005, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Chalkfarm will become famous soon enough
Default pet insurance anyone?

Our dog comes out of quarantine in sydney on saturday, and we want to get his pet insurance up and running again.We used tesco insurance at home in the uk and we have had to claim 4 times over the last 3 years!.Each time with no problems.Can anyone recommend a good company that we can contact.Thanks for any help in advance,claire.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Re: pet insurance anyone?

Originally Posted by Chalkfarm
Our dog comes out of quarantine in sydney on saturday, and we want to get his pet insurance up and running again.We used tesco insurance at home in the uk and we have had to claim 4 times over the last 3 years!.Each time with no problems.Can anyone recommend a good company that we can contact.Thanks for any help in advance,claire.
Hi Claire,
Have just e-mailed your h/m account. Have you been to see your dog, any probs getting a rental with the dog?

Hope you are alll well
Chris
Old Mar 26th 2005, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

suzy a is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Hi Claire,
Have just e-mailed your h/m account. Have you been to see your dog, any probs getting a rental with the dog?

Hope you are alll well
Chris

Hi Chris

Any chance you could let me have the details of pet insurance too, we are taking our dog over in August and want to get his insurance organised for going over.

Cheers

Suzy
Old Mar 26th 2005, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by suzy a
Hi Chris

Any chance you could let me have the details of pet insurance too, we are taking our dog over in August and want to get his insurance organised for going over.

Cheers

Suzy

Hi Suzy,
I am sorry I don't have any information, had replied to an earlier e-mail.
I, too am looking for some info, sorry I cant hepl
Chris
Old Mar 26th 2005, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Claire,

Hope you are alll well
Chris
Hi Chris,thanks for your email.We had a load of problems finding a house with the dog.You can only rent a house as units,town houses and some duplexs(semis),have a clause that will not allow dogs.Over here aswell dogs sleep outside,this was something we did not know.Our dog has a good life sleeping on the sofa,so sleeping outside will be a no go for him.We had to lie and say he is an outside dog and just hope they dont just pop in.We do risk losing our bond but what can you do!There was no point in saying we did not have a dog either because they will find out and you would be in breach of contract ,and run the risk of eviction.Not very appealing with three kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hopefully all will be fine, and he comes out of quarantine on saturday so we shall soon find out.The landlords here are fine,but loads of agents just did not want to know and said no straight away.We shall keep you posted,have you got any animals?
Old Mar 26th 2005, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Chris,thanks for your email.We had a load of problems finding a house with the dog.You can only rent a house as units,town houses and some duplexs(semis),have a clause that will not allow dogs.Over here aswell dogs sleep outside,this was something we did not know.Our dog has a good life sleeping on the sofa,so sleeping outside will be a no go for him.We had to lie and say he is an outside dog and just hope they dont just pop in.We do risk losing our bond but what can you do!There was no point in saying we did not have a dog either because they will find out and you would be in breach of contract ,and run the risk of eviction.Not very appealing with three kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hopefully all will be fine, and he comes out of quarantine on saturday so we shall soon find out.The landlords here are fine,but loads of agents just did not want to know and said no straight away.We shall keep you posted,have you got any animals?

Hi Claire,
Yes we have a hamster, 2 rabbits and a golden retriever, but only the dog will be coming. He's only 9 months old and as we weren't coming to oz when we got him I cannot justify not bringing him. I think he'l be happy outside any way although he is a house dog. bet you are all looking to seeing him, have you been to visit.

Chris
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Claire,
Yes we have a hamster, 2 rabbits and a golden retriever, but only the dog will be coming. He's only 9 months old and as we weren't coming to oz when we got him I cannot justify not bringing him. I think he'l be happy outside any way although he is a house dog. bet you are all looking to seeing him, have you been to visit.

Chris
Hi Chris,we have a golden retriever puppy next door and he is lovely(only 11 weeks).As yours is so young he should be fine outside,ours is 4 and set in his ways,LOL.As for visiting him,we thought it best to stay away as we did not want to confuse with us coming and going.We have rung up loads and he has a 1 girl who looks after him all the time and she said they get on great, so we know he is being well taken care off.We are all very excited about picking him up on saturday,then our family will be complete.Its strange with him not here.Have you looked into kennels to ship him out yet?
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Chris,we have a golden retriever puppy next door and he is lovely(only 11 weeks).As yours is so young he should be fine outside,ours is 4 and set in his ways,LOL.As for visiting him,we thought it best to stay away as we did not want to confuse with us coming and going.We have rung up loads and he has a 1 girl who looks after him all the time and she said they get on great, so we know he is being well taken care off.We are all very excited about picking him up on saturday,then our family will be complete.Its strange with him not here.Have you looked into kennels to ship him out yet?

Hi how are you, having a good Easter I hope. Had a quote from one company around £2500, but could not leave him. thats really good that he is being looked after by one person, he'll be soo pleased to see you!
I bet kids are getting excited.(did you say you had 3)

Have you moved into house yet?

Take care Chris