Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Two weeks of hell.

Two weeks of hell.

Old May 19th 2006, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Two weeks of hell.

We were originally due to complete on the sale of our house today.
Loads of problems due to solicitors being totally incompetant.Our buyers are a total nightmare to put it mildly..They wanted us to have the whole house re wired before they move in.Reluctantly we agreed to it.So for the last week we have been living in total chaos ,brick dust everywhere.Basically not knowing whether we are coming or going.
I have had to cancel the shippers and change the flights again.
Hubby cannot hand in his notice at work until we exchange.
We have just been informed that we are not going to complete until next Friday now.
Just waiting for some more info from our solicitor as I think we are just going to take the risk and go anyway.
Children last day at school and playgroup so lots of emotions etc.Had the leaving do last week .Sold the car, cat re homed bless her.
One good thing I can say is throughout all the drama,our friends and family have been great.
We have had offers from them to lend us a car and put us up look after the children,help us clean up etc they have been great,even mums from school and playgroup have offered all sorts of support.
Had a call last night from some friends who have offered us there house for a week to help take the pressure off,which is so kind.
Think we are going to go anyway.I need to finalise the flights this afternoon and make a decision as what to do.
It was never meant to be this way,never planned it like this and never would have let ourselves get into this situation if we could have seen it coming but there we go it too late now.!Just pray it all works out. :scared:
All that's left to say is:
See you all on the otherside.Good luck to everyone who is still going through it.You will read this thread and hopefully be more cautious than we have been.
Thanks for all who have given their support and their advise .
Next time I post I hope to have made the move and be reporting with some good news.I am confident that it will all work out in the end.
Take Care love Dreamaway and family.
Old May 19th 2006, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two weeks of hell.

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Loads of problems due to solicitors being totally incompetant.Our buyers are a total nightmare to put it mildly..They wanted us to have the whole house re wired before they move in.Reluctantly we agreed to it.So for the last week we have been living in total chaos ,brick dust everywhere.Basically not knowing whether we are coming or going.
We have just been informed that we are not going to complete until next Friday now.
Just waiting for some more info from our solicitor as I think we are just going to take the risk and go anyway.
Children last day at school and playgroup so lots of emotions etc.Had the leaving do last week .Sold the car, cat re homed bless her.
One good thing I can say is throughout all the drama,our friends and family have been great.
We have had offers from them to lend us a car and put us up look after the children,help us clean up etc they have been great,even mums from school and playgroup have offered all sorts of support.
Had a call last night from some friends who have offered us there house for a week to help take the pressure off,which is so kind.
Think we are going to go anyway.I need to finalise the flights this afternoon and make a decision as what to do.
It was never meant to be this way,never planned it like this and never would have let ourselves get into this situation if we could have seen it coming but there we go it too late now.!Just pray it all works out. :scared:
See you all on the otherside.Good luck to everyone who is still going through it.You will read this thread and hopefully be more cautious than we have been.
Next time I post I hope to have made the move and be reporting with some good news.I am confident that it will all work out in the end.

Sounds like a nightmare. Have you thought of asking your solicitor to push for an exchange date for Monday then complete the sale on Friday, that would give you peace of mind because at least if anything else goes wrong you get the 10% deposit anyway.

Good luck with it all. Hope it all works out Ok in the end
Old May 19th 2006, 10:36 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh bless you, great news about the friends and family though eh.

Hope the rest of it goes smoothly for you.

Shirley x
Old May 19th 2006, 10:37 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

You sound like you're having a crap time and it must seem like a living nightmare at the mo:scared: This was the same for us when we were leaving, but nearly 2 years on, it seems like a long and distant memory.

It wont be long before you're here enjoying your new lives you worked so hard for...and it'll all have been worth it

Good luck
Old May 19th 2006, 10:38 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

blimey......sounds like you are having a really crap time of it.
just comfort yourself in the knowledge that 12 months from now it will all be over

good luck......

sue x
Old May 19th 2006, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey!! You've got all that done and you haven't exchanged?? :scared:

Good luck with it all. Hope it works out for you.
Old May 19th 2006, 12:01 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey___what a nightmare!!!!! :scared:

Hang in there, your nearly there now.

Good luck with everything and I'll look forward to reading your "We're here" post soon.

xRachx
Old May 19th 2006, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

why not take the stress off and plan to go into short term rented accomodation between moving out of the house and flying off? It sounds like you are putting yourself under alot of pressure trying to juggle everything and cut it all very fine, do you have a date that you really MUST move to Oz on or before?
Old May 19th 2006, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
why not take the stress off and plan to go into short term rented accomodation between moving out of the house and flying off? It sounds like you are putting yourself under alot of pressure trying to juggle everything and cut it all very fine, do you have a date that you really MUST move to Oz on or before?
I know it sounds mad but to be honest we are in a no win situation.
Old May 19th 2006, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WendyC
Sounds like a nightmare. Have you thought of asking your solicitor to push for an exchange date for Monday then complete the sale on Friday, that would give you peace of mind because at least if anything else goes wrong you get the 10% deposit anyway.

Good luck with it all. Hope it all works out Ok in the end
That's what our solicitor has been trying to do our buyers have the deposit but the other end of the chain are having a 100% mortgage and need to exchange and complete all on the same day.
Also our solicitor cannot get hold of the other solicitor to confirm this.
Old May 19th 2006, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Oh bless you, great news about the friends and family though eh.

Hope the rest of it goes smoothly for you.

Shirley x
Thanks Shirley
Old May 19th 2006, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
You sound like you're having a crap time and it must seem like a living nightmare at the mo:scared: This was the same for us when we were leaving, but nearly 2 years on, it seems like a long and distant memory.

It wont be long before you're here enjoying your new lives you worked so hard for...and it'll all have been worth it

Good luck
Thanks Phoenix .I look forward to posting all the positive stuff once we get ourselves sorted.Someone did say to me "with everything bad that has happened in the uk you will think twice about wanted to come back if you get home sick"
We just want to go now and get on with our new lives.Take Care See you on the otherside.
Old May 19th 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
Blimey___what a nightmare!!!!! :scared:

Hang in there, your nearly there now.

Good luck with everything and I'll look forward to reading your "We're here" post soon.

xRachx
Thanks also Rach
Old May 19th 2006, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

My nightmare ended last night. We had the solicitors from hell dealing with our buyer, even the buyers were pissed off. We were due to exchange contracts 4 weeks ago, but finally did last night. My hubby ended up phoning their solicitor himself and had a very nice chat with him and within 1 hour it was done.

I would say they would not have had the house rewired if they were not interested, it must have cost them a pretty packet.

I would be asking why they needed to exchange and complete on the same day, it sounds a little odd to have that sort of clause, usually banks are the other way and insist on at least 5 days.

Jo
Old May 19th 2006, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

They wanted us to have the whole house re wired before they move in.Reluctantly we agreed to it.So for the last week we have been living in total chaos ,brick dust everywhere.
Did you pay for the rewire or did they? It seems you did it without exchanging contracts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.