Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Two Weeks To Go And Bricking It!

Two Weeks To Go And Bricking It!

Old Feb 6th 2005, 5:17 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Two Weeks To Go And Bricking It!

Hulusinating from getting up at 5am to do bootsale...I sit here bricking it with 2 weeks to go before we head down under. Funny, I am never nervous to talk about it untill people tell us how brave we are...then I panic and think...Hmmm are we... and the panic starts to rear it's ugly head! Nothing secure lined up and never been before! Still nothing in life is irreversable huh! 1st really heartfelt upset goodbye today as sister in law was over to visit and say goodbye. Dreading saying goodbye to my Mom and Dad, that's the bit I've had nightmares about for years! Good job their supportive! Through all the fear, worries chaos, I've never truly had a moment of doubt that it has to be done...to at least try. The last month since getting my visa all I've really felt is numb! But reality is starting to kick in now. Havn't posted on here much of late as now it's all happening so fast...why give the opportunity to be told "how crap it all is!" by some! No rose tinted glasses in making the decision..but now it's two weeks away, I'd like to believe that there may actually be some magic going..even if at a later date It is proved to me that all the negativeness I've read here was right. Hey...Life is what you make it.....right Brissy Girls Drinking Club...look out...I'll be joining you's soon for a Jackie and Coke....hmmmmm...that gives me an idea..... Love and wishes to you all, Colette and family x (ex- Nurseswhisperingverses - or Colin Farrel's beanie to others!)
Old Feb 6th 2005, 5:21 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default Re: Two Weeks To Go And Bricking It!

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Hulusinating from getting up at 5am to do bootsale...I sit here bricking it with 2 weeks to go before we head down under. Funny, I am never nervous to talk about it untill people tell us how brave we are...then I panic and think...Hmmm are we... and the panic starts to rear it's ugly head! Nothing secure lined up and never been before! Still nothing in life is irreversable huh! 1st really heartfelt upset goodbye today as sister in law was over to visit and say goodbye. Dreading saying goodbye to my Mom and Dad, that's the bit I've had nightmares about for years! Good job their supportive! Through all the fear, worries chaos, I've never truly had a moment of doubt that it has to be done...to at least try. The last month since getting my visa all I've really felt is numb! But reality is starting to kick in now. Havn't posted on here much of late as now it's all happening so fast...why give the opportunity to be told "how crap it all is!" by some! No rose tinted glasses in making the decision..but now it's two weeks away, I'd like to believe that there may actually be some magic going..even if at a later date It is proved to me that all the negativeness I've read here was right. Hey...Life is what you make it.....right Brissy Girls Drinking Club...look out...I'll be joining you's soon for a Jackie and Coke....hmmmmm...that gives me an idea..... Love and wishes to you all, Colette and family x (ex- Nurseswhisperingverses - or Colin Farrel's beanie to others!)
You will be changing your undies 3 weeks earlier than us, we go on the 11th March! Yes we have done the bootsales as well, today we sold the BBQ, scaffolding stufff and the car! It's getting 'grown up ' now!
Where are you off to?
ViVi :scared:
Old Feb 6th 2005, 6:25 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vivi
You will be changing your undies 3 weeks earlier than us, we go on the 11th March! Yes we have done the bootsales as well, today we sold the BBQ, scaffolding stufff and the car! It's getting 'grown up ' now!
Where are you off to?
ViVi :scared:

Hi,
Exciting isn't it. Very best for your move. We're going to Brisbane, Hinterland area. What about you?
You had a BBQ in UK? (Obvioulsy not going from Scotland then!) Don't know about your booties, but if people ask a price we have to add on at least £3 to get anywhere near what we are looking for! Everyone wants to haggle! Fun though. We had a sign up on our car too as we have to sell that next week, got about 6 people very interested! All the best, Colette
Old Feb 6th 2005, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

All the best to you both you made me nervous just reading your post We saw some friend off in September and I just remember the look on my friends face :scared: ....cant get it out of my head!!

Hope all goes well and the best of luck

Sue
Old Feb 6th 2005, 9:06 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sue2
All the best to you both you made me nervous just reading your post We saw some friend off in September and I just remember the look on my friends face :scared: ....cant get it out of my head!!

Hope all goes well and the best of luck

Sue
Thanks Sue. I must admit - I felt today that it would have been better letting it all out than leaving my sister in law with a lasting vision of my face all twisted and pulled as I tried to hold back the tears! HMM! I think I'll just let go next time, but hard with my 3 year old clinging to my side and picking up on every vibe.....he cried for 1/2 hour after they went, 'cos he'll miss their cat, Jaffa! Aw...bless!
Old Feb 6th 2005, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

zapprabbit is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry!!!
We arrived in November and just haven't looked back.
Everyone is so freindly and helpfull, you will feel at home after 3 pints.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Oh Beanie,
Dont I just know how it feels
Dont worry you are near to the end of the roller coaster ride- nearly time for you to get off

I have been here since October and I was in a right state when I left but I am fine now and really enjoying my life here.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 5:37 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Hi,
Exciting isn't it. Very best for your move. We're going to Brisbane, Hinterland area. What about you?
You had a BBQ in UK? (Obvioulsy not going from Scotland then!) Don't know about your booties, but if people ask a price we have to add on at least £3 to get anywhere near what we are looking for! Everyone wants to haggle! Fun though. We had a sign up on our car too as we have to sell that next week, got about 6 people very interested! All the best, Colette
Hi Colette, we are off to the Brissie area as well and thats all I know! Gulp!!Hubbies firm will be putting us up in an service apartment for a few weeks and then we will cruise the area! We like the sound of Samford, as it has a villagey feel, anywhere an hour north of CBD will suit, open to suggestions!
As for the BBQ, it was a proper Aussie style one, used 5 times! And yes at booties they want you to pay them to have anything!!
ViVi
Old Feb 7th 2005, 7:40 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Some words of encouragement....

You only regret the things you dont do (or get caught doing!!)
And you're here for a good time - not a long time !!!!!!
Old Feb 7th 2005, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sue. I must admit - I felt today that it would have been better letting it all out than leaving my sister in law with a lasting vision of my face all twisted and pulled as I tried to hold back the tears! HMM! I think I'll just let go next time, but hard with my 3 year old clinging to my side and picking up on every vibe.....he cried for 1/2 hour after they went, 'cos he'll miss their cat, Jaffa! Aw...bless!

I think you done the right thing especially with your 3 year old next to you. I think when I saw my friends face I also though....OH MY that could be me soon :scared:
My sister has just had a baby (3rd) and now my daughter 7 is sooooo not up for going to Oz at the moment as she wants to be around the baby so much...I dont know how to handle it really?

All the very best

Keep us posted....Sue
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:46 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Oooh god, you're a month or so ahead of us, I've got the booties to do yet, have already got rid of my car (my thighs are looking good on all the cycling). I've got my sisters and their families coming to visit next weekend. My four year old son loves his cousins dearly and cannot get his head around not seeing them for a few years - his tears will come in Oz! Good luck in the next few weeks - I look forward to hearing how the first few weeks/months go in Queensland.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 2:11 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Thanks so very much for all your well wishes, all of you. Hearing back from you guys has made me get all excited again..rather than the confusion that comes and goes. We will keep in touch...when I can...and well done to the person who sold their car and cycles....(pitty I can't get a four seater bike to humff the kids around on!)
Old Feb 7th 2005, 2:16 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

P.S - Hope to meet some of you real soon x Colette
Old Feb 7th 2005, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hiya collette,bless you, i think i might feel the same when we re at your stage,i think everyone goes through times of being excited and being scared,you ll be fine im sure once your on your way,it must be odd to have sold most of your things and have the rest packed up,like your life has already left so to speak and you ve got to follow it.Time to relax i think and go round to all the places you like for one last time before you go, i only said to gary thw other day we should make a list of all the place we wnat to go before we leave and try to get round as many of them as we can.

Have you found a place to stay yet or are you going in a hotel first.

tracey.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 8:37 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scissors
hiya collette,bless you, i think i might feel the same when we re at your stage,i think everyone goes through times of being excited and being scared,you ll be fine im sure once your on your way,it must be odd to have sold most of your things and have the rest packed up,like your life has already left so to speak and you ve got to follow it.Time to relax i think and go round to all the places you like for one last time before you go, i only said to gary thw other day we should make a list of all the place we wnat to go before we leave and try to get round as many of them as we can.

Have you found a place to stay yet or are you going in a hotel first.

tracey.
Hi ya Tracey. How things getting on for you guys? Hope all is well. Yeh, We've got a Royal Mile walk to do and a visit to Roslin Chapel on Saturday! A meeting with my Mum, Dad and a tape recorder (and a bottle of wine) next week - want to remember all the stories. Already went to see The Kings Theatre and videoed my old house, where I was christened, my school and other bits and bobs around as hubby drives around over the last few weeks! Also got some footage of rellies, friends and the New Parlament building in Edinburgh (just so we can tell our mate in Oz who left 7 years ago where his taxes went when he left! What a mess!) So I reckon I've probably overdone the retro thingy! Ha ha! Were staying at my hubbies friends house for the 1st wee while in Tamborine. He's got 5 acres land and a spare mobile home - hey I don't mind being "trailer trash" for a week untill we find a place to rent (that is unless I find the spiders find it easier to get in mobile homes.) Where we go from there, work will dictate I think. Who knows! Are things coming along nicely for you guys? Love Colette x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.