Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Two Tier Australia..!!!

Two Tier Australia..!!!

Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:05 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Two Tier Australia..!!!

If all Australia's new immigrants are skilled /proffesionals won't this create a sort of two tier system where all the middle class are foreigners. This must cause problems in the future...

CORKER
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:10 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Two Tier Australia..!!!

Originally Posted by CORKER
If all Australia's new immigrants are skilled /proffesionals won't this create a sort of two tier system where all the middle class are foreigners. This must cause problems in the future...

CORKER
maybe, does it matter though ?
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:13 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Two Tier Australia..!!!

Originally Posted by baconmaster
maybe, does it matter though ?
It does if you are living there when the s£@t hits the fan...
CORKER
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:18 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

It does if you are living there when the s£@t hits the fan...
CORKER
ah, I see, good point, apologies for my earlier (foolish) post
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:21 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

CORKER
If the training systems aren't improved for the young locals then yes it will cause problems.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:43 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Australia also lets in unskilled labour on a temporary basis to do the menial jobs that they can't fill with Aussies like mining.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:57 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant see it's much different from the UK, we are always "importing" skilled workers (nurses etc) from other countries....
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Australia also lets in unskilled labour on a temporary basis to do the menial jobs that they can't fill with Aussies like mining.
I dare you to tell a miner to his face that his job is 'menial'

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 9th 2005, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

nursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

Cheers,
JTL
I'm from a family of miners in south wales, having been down the pit with my father when I small I can tell you that its an awful job, dangerous and extremely hard work. You suffer socially, physically and mentally. It can destroy families. Thankfully open mining is now in place so miners no longer have to work in such terrible conditions, but its by no means menial! I wouldn't do it, and my two boys certainly won't be doing it either!

I do see what you mean by the different classes in oz tho, and yes it will get worst unless money is ploughed into the oz education system to improve the prospect for the kids out there.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 9:33 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Worsel, but I was thinking the exact same thing as JTL.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 9th 2005, 10:18 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by worzel
On which visa?
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:33 pm
Merlot

I think over the last decade, wealth has created a whole new class system. For example, those that have made £££ or $$$ on the housing booms.

The amount of times I am having a good evening out then somebody starts this conversation of how much their house has increased in price in the last 3 seconds drive me nuts.

It is boring as hell and has become an national obsession in Oz/UK. I remember a time when talking about money was classed as tacky.

On that, I think this is certainly dividing countries with the have and have nots, this can only lead to problems in the future I imagine.

I am no expert, just observations.

M

Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
I remember a time when talking about money was classed as tacky.
I must be old fashioned then, I still think its tacky.

Just to qualify that, discussing possible wages, or average increase in house values is ok. But if someone wants to tell me their house has gone up $50,000. Thats bad form. Are they hoping I'm going to tell them my financial situation?

General finance discussion is ok, but people blurting out how much they earn or how much money they have made is still tacky, at least to me .

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:13 pm
Merlot

Just to qualify that, discussing possible wages, or average increase in house values is ok. But if someone wants to tell me their house has gone up $50,000. Thats bad form. Are they hoping I'm going to tell them my financial situation?

General finance discussion is ok, but people blurting out how much they earn or how much money they have made is still tacky, at least to me .

Cheers,
JTL
Nice to hear from a fellow old fashioned person.

M

Old Apr 9th 2005, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers,
JTL

You could always ask them to lend you a couple hundred bucks, seeing as they are so flush Or buy a bottle of champaigne, as they have had a windfall,

That would be a particualy Sarf london reaction I reckon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.