Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Two questions i need answering urgently please.

Two questions i need answering urgently please.

Old May 21st 2004, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

thfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Two questions i need answering urgently please.

1, our passport numbers in visas are 1 digit short than whats in our passports is that right.
2, When emigrating to OZ, do you need to have any injections done.Only stopping on our way to refuel at Singapore.cheers
Old May 21st 2004, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

cant answer that one on passports - at work and my passport is at home - but will have a look if somebody hasnt posted by time i get home -

regarding injections i went to doctors and they told me to have my hep b when i got here - when i got here i went to doctors and they said that i as an adult didnt need one and the kids - lauren is 7 and in year 2 will have hers in year 7 and my son ben who is 22 months had his because they now give them at 2, 3 and 4 months and not year 7 so i would havemissed out on his - apart from that - thats it
Old May 21st 2004, 5:55 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Two questions i need answering urgently please.

Originally posted by thfc
1, our passport numbers in visas are 1 digit short than whats in our passports is that right.
2, When emigrating to OZ, do you need to have any injections done.Only stopping on our way to refuel at Singapore.cheers

yeah there is a digit missin....... check ure visa with the passport number on the first page...... not with the one with the picture laminated on.

love boomie
xx
Old May 21st 2004, 6:43 am
ABCDiamond

I've done the UK to OZ trip quite a few times in the last few years, and not had one injection

Old May 21st 2004, 6:49 am
Go Banana's !!

Hi,

Ref. the digit.

We noticed the same and then did a search on previous threads. It appears that this is quite normal. As long as the first part is correct, it is normally then end digit which is different - someone called it the "checking"digit.

Sorry, can't help you with the injection. We had none for stoppping in Singapore when we went last year or for going to Oz.

Best wishes

Warren

Old May 21st 2004, 8:22 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no compulsory injections that I know of, but when travelling anywhere it is good to keep them up to date, tetanus, typhoid, Hep A etc