Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

two and a half years in Australia

Wikiposts

two and a half years in Australia

Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:30 pm

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default two and a half years in Australia

well its been 1 year since i have even been to this site, what a couple of years this has been since leaving Poole, i didnt think i would still be here, due to all the licencing bull, there is no way i would stay in any place and live in povity,but thanks to all the restictions placed in front of me, the plumbers and drainers board forced me into a rethink about making a living, luckly i stumbled on a fantasic product which we import from china, we are now doing okay, lifes looking good and i can not see our family back in sunny poole, If you are planing on moving to Australia expect you heart to beat faster than a rabbits heart for some time, as the stress is simply off the scale, but stick with it as there is no place as nice as Australia, im even just starting to like the people???
Good luck to you all
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: two and a half years in Australia

Originally Posted by robertd
well its been 1 year since i have even been to this site, what a couple of years this has been since leaving Poole, i didnt think i would still be here, due to all the licencing bull, there is no way i would stay in any place and live in povity,but thanks to all the restictions placed in front of me, the plumbers and drainers board forced me into a rethink about making a living, luckly i stumbled on a fantasic product which we import from china, we are now doing okay, lifes looking good and i can not see our family back in sunny poole, If you are planing on moving to Australia expect you heart to beat faster than a rabbits heart for some time, as the stress is simply off the scale, but stick with it as there is no place as nice as Australia, im even just starting to like the people???
Good luck to you all
Hi Louisa, I haven't been on site for a while either! Your post should be food for thought for those struggling to settle and are thinking of going back, or wondering whether it is worth the effort. I remember your many posts from a couple of years back and how unhappy and unsettled you were. It's great to hear that you want to stay for good. I guess all the hard work and down times are worth it in the end, and I bet you are glad that you didn't act on your emotions 2 years ago and head back to the UK. Good luck for the future in Oz, HP.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:55 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you all
Its taken 2 years to start to like the people! Man you must have the patience of a saint, I'm going through the "they irritate me to hell stage" at the moment.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:58 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Its taken 2 years to start to like the people! Man you must have the patience of a saint, I'm going through the "they irritate me to hell stage" at the moment.

at the start i felt really homesick, some day's i still do, the way i eventually coped was by saying to myself, who says i need to stay here forever? i might well stay for good but maybe i wont, having said that while i am here i am going to live it to the full, see all that it's got and bloody well enoy it.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:00 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you all

Hi

Its great to read how settled you now are....wishing you many more years of happiness and luck.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:13 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see you are your usual xenophobic self
Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Blast from the past!!

Glad you are doing ok, the gas fitter didn't work for hubby either, got his license but just not interested unless you've got the plumbers license too!, but we held out and now hubby has a much better job and seems to be enjoying it! It pays to stick it out, good luck with everything
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:36 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Glad to see you are your usual xenophobic self
Most of them dont like it when you it point out. Tried to send you karma but it wouldnt let me.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:45 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you all
I'm having similar problems as no licence, we're living on basics, I've put in for exams but I don't do gas so will have the reverse problem of abergas.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:52 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Most of them dont like it when you it point out. Tried to send you karma but it wouldnt let me.
Not this xenophobe, Point it out all you like. I personally think everyone is xenophobic at some level or other and don't even realise it. Besides I'm not sure finding people annoying is xenophobic, I find my dogs annoying when they bring fleas into the house, doesn't stop me being a dog lover.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:22 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Not this xenophobe, Point it out all you like. I personally think everyone is xenophobic at some level or other and don't even realise it. Besides I'm not sure finding people annoying is xenophobic, I find my dogs annoying when they bring fleas into the house, doesn't stop me being a dog lover.
You are so right
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:24 pm
Banned

menace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud of

Spot on mate.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:25 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by menace
Spot on mate.
Yep sometimes we sit on some bloody high pedestals in life looking down