Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Two And A Half Men

Two And A Half Men

Old Oct 30th 2008, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Two And A Half Men

What is it with Channel 9 and their airing of this series? In an effort to play catch up with a tv sitcom which they aired late (and not "fast tracked" like The Fringe) they show an episode each weekday night at 7pm with additional episodes on Tuesday and Wednesday or when they feel like it. My gripe is the order in which they show them is seemingly random. It's plainly obvious when the character Jake, who is supposedly 10 years old at the beginning of the series, shoots up a foot in height, has long lanky hair, has an attitude and is no longer short, fat and cute. The other characters Alan and Charlie look much the same as do the rest of the cast; you can't count the stream of bimbo-esque women who Charlie date as they only ever make one appearance (apart from one or two special ones).
Is this typical of 9's programming or is this typical of all tv programming?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 2:21 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two And A Half Men

Originally Posted by discobay
What is it with Channel 9 and their airing of this series? In an effort to play catch up with a tv sitcom which they aired late (and not "fast tracked" like The Fringe) they show an episode each weekday night at 7pm with additional episodes on Tuesday and Wednesday or when they feel like it. My gripe is the order in which they show them is seemingly random. It's plainly obvious when the character Jake, who is supposedly 10 years old at the beginning of the series, shoots up a foot in height, has long lanky hair, has an attitude and is no longer short, fat and cute. The other characters Alan and Charlie look much the same as do the rest of the cast; you can't count the stream of bimbo-esque women who Charlie date as they only ever make one appearance (apart from one or two special ones).
Is this typical of 9's programming or is this typical of all tv programming?
who cares, if you don't like it turn it over or off. Why get so bothered about it.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
who cares, if you don't like it turn it over or off. Why get so bothered about it.
Whoa steady on boyo. I like the series that's why I watch it :-) Ofcourse when watching a series it helps when the episodes are played in series.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 2:59 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa steady on boyo. I like the series that's why I watch it :-) Ofcourse when watching a series it helps when the episodes are played in series.
they do the same with house, ncis etc etc randomly shopwing old ones & new ones
gawd knows what they are on in programming but i wish they`d send me some
Old Oct 30th 2008, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steve`o
they do the same with house, ncis etc etc randomly shopwing old ones & new ones
gawd knows what they are on in programming but i wish they`d send me some
Ha ha ha I thought as much. It's not that Two And ... has much of a story line ... I guess they think we're too dumb to notice.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 3:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I find the best thing with these US programmes is to download the whole series (or every episode for that matter) off the internet and watch it straight through.

I'm currently working my way through series 2 of Dexter.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Looks like he's just making an comment about Aus TV programming to me??!!

Fair enough innit?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Why don't you watch Home and Away instead then?

Bwhahha
Old Oct 30th 2008, 4:34 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tictac
Looks like he's just making an comment about Aus TV programming to me??!!

Fair enough innit?
I just find it bizarre what folk get worked up about
Old Oct 30th 2008, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sooner watch the Sullivans.