Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The TV works but why bother?

The TV works but why bother?

Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:27 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default The TV works but why bother?

Having read all the posts about TVs not working in Oz, and buying a vcr to tune through, we scrapped the cheap old uk vcr and shipped the new TV with us.

I have been looking around for a video to do the trick with but...

Plugged the TV in at the weekend. Pressed the auto-tune button and hey presto it works, sound and all???

How good is that?
It was a Phillips 24'' widescreen somehting or other. Model number started 24PW....
Bought it about 12 months ago off tinternet for about £300 Bargain!

Now we need to buy something to watch movies on. TV here is tat.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:33 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The TV works but why bother?

Originally posted by JulesandChris
. TV here is tat.

Not if you like hour long US cop dramas

I am hooked on 24 at the mo though. Also like Las Vegas (Lots of gratuitous breasts, A bit like Baywatch with a bit of class). Lets not forget

CSI
CSI Miami
Law and Order SVU
The Shield

Plenty of Simpsons too.

But yeah generally your right its tat.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Hey you sound like me HUP - SVU is my fave one,

But I am now reading a book a week too cos apart from that there is nought else.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets not forget those top notch US sitcoms as well; Frasier, Everybody Loves Raymond and Friends.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:39 am

HUP
Your references to the stuffies reminds me of music from that era, and that classic song by NAD - Kill Your Television.

I might be thinking that, if I watch any more.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:40 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Pizza,24, Premiership and Iron chef are my usual fare. Anyone else watch Gerhard Reinkes Wanderlust?
Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, got to dash … off to watch some telly.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:46 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dracupg
Everybody Loves Raymond
They should rename that show "Everybody Loves Raymond Apart from me."
Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:46 am

Originally posted by dracupg
Sorry, got to dash … off to watch some telly.
Not me. I'm going to finish up here and go for a swim.
Then I might go home and catch the simpsons, and possibly have a look at one of these cop dramas or a sit com or "Gerhard Reinkes Wanderlust?"

Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Raymond - that programme is so cringeable!!

Oh God I have the joys of daytime TV to face when I give up work.
I think my library membership will be well used then.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 7:17 am
ABCDiamond

How about:
The Bill
Doctor Who
The High Road
Birds of a Feather
Coronation St (On Brisbane TV - Briz31)

and of course - Bill & Ben, ... but it just doesn't seem the same to how I remember it

Old Apr 20th 2004, 7:37 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: The TV works but why bother?

Having read all the posts about TVs not working in Oz, and buying a vcr to tune through, we scrapped the cheap old uk vcr and shipped the new TV with us.

I have been looking around for a video to do the trick with but...

Plugged the TV in at the weekend. Pressed the auto-tune button and hey presto it works, sound and all???

How good is that?
It was a Phillips 24'' widescreen somehting or other. Model number started 24PW....
Bought it about 12 months ago off tinternet for about £300 Bargain!

Now we need to buy something to watch movies on. TV here is tat.
Commercial TV target audience: those incapable of operating a video recorder.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 10:06 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Pizza,24, Premiership and Iron chef are my usual fare. Anyone else watch Gerhard Reinkes Wanderlust?
I was hearing voices, that told me i dont like you. But then i saw your choice of tv programmes ,the voices are having a rethink ....MM
Old Apr 21st 2004, 2:24 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

HUP
Your references to the stuffies reminds me of music from that era, and that classic song by NAD - Kill Your Television.

I might be thinking that, if I watch any more.
Oh happy days. Stuffies, Neds, Poppies, Mission, Sisters. Crap TV does mean more time for good music.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 2:31 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Hey you sound like me HUP - SVU is my fave one,
that and "without a trace"

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel the need to slap the ginger bloke in CSI Miami?? Smug Git

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.