TV Shows

Old Sep 20th 2004, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Nige37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TV Shows

We're heading off to Brisbane on the 8th Nov, our daughter (11) wants to know if she can still get see her favourite shows, Coronation Street, Casualty and Holby City, i'm sure Coronation Street is but how far behind is it? can anyone help her?
Old Sep 20th 2004, 3:49 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TV Shows

Good question, I can't help you myself but I'm also interested in the answer

I know that I'll be too busy surfing, bbq'ing and sitting on the deck watching the sunsets once we get to Brissy , but I'm sure that I'll be able to manage to spare half an hour for a regular fix of Corrie.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 4:23 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Coronation Street, Casuatly and Holby aren't on normal TV as far as I know - get someone to give you the link to the pay TV over here and you can check it out...think it is Foxtel (don't have it myself).

But I will admit I keep uptodate with a weekly fix of reading the decent websites about, some with all the episodes including picture - amazed my sister in law in April by being further ahead than she was and telling her what she was missing while here in Sydney!
Old Sep 20th 2004, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
Coronation Street, Casuatly and Holby aren't on normal TV as far as I know - get someone to give you the link to the pay TV over here and you can check it out...think it is Foxtel (don't have it myself).

But I will admit I keep uptodate with a weekly fix of reading the decent websites about, some with all the episodes including picture - amazed my sister in law in April by being further ahead than she was and telling her what she was missing while here in Sydney!

Try this Sandra,

Loads of Sport
Old Sep 20th 2004, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
My relatives are over from melbourne at the moment and when they left in July Gail was being kidnapped with the family from that deranged Richard!!! I dont watch these programmes so not sure how behind this is.
Richard (my hubby) says how sad are we that we are discussing coronation street on the expats site!!! LOL
Irene
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:02 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by parkhigh
Hi
My relatives are over from melbourne at the moment and when they left in July Gail was being kidnapped with the family from that deranged Richard!!! I dont watch these programmes so not sure how behind this is.
Richard (my hubby) says how sad are we that we are discussing coronation street on the expats site!!! LOL
Irene

You should see it in Sydney, Ena Sharples is still in it.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:37 pm
heehaugh

Granger will become famous soon enoughGranger will become famous soon enough

Any of you (new) ozzies out there miss Eastenders, don't worry because it is now crap in fact I have now renamed it Miseryenders. Viewers have dropped because story lines are so crap!
Old Sep 20th 2004, 10:58 pm
rudo1ph

All Saints is a much more "juicy" Aussie version of Casualty!!!! None of those programmes are on terrestrial TV I'm afraid, not sure about Foxtel, but they would be a long way behind.

Old Sep 20th 2004, 11:56 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

When you have been here a month or two, you will forget what you used to watch in the UK, and will start to follow the Aussie stuff.........there are some decent progs on over here.
Old Sep 21st 2004, 12:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
When you have been here a month or two, you will forget what you used to watch in the UK, and will start to follow the Aussie stuff.........there are some decent progs on over here.
No, sorry, I'll disagree with that one!!

UKTV is brilliant - been showing some dramas I remember from the UK a few years back; they are also re-running McCallum at present (Scottish pathologist). We are up to February's editions in Casualty, and Holby City, Coronation St and Eastenders are also on UKTV, though I an't tell you how far behind they are.
Lots of Brit sitcoms and stuff too.

www.foxtel.com.au

www.uktv.com.au
Old Sep 21st 2004, 12:42 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No, sorry, I'll disagree with that one!!

UKTV is brilliant - been showing some dramas I remember from the UK a few years back; they are also re-running McCallum at present (Scottish pathologist). We are up to February's editions in Casualty, and Holby City, Coronation St and Eastenders are also on UKTV, though I an't tell you how far behind they are.
Lots of Brit sitcoms and stuff too.

www.foxtel.com.au

www.uktv.com.au
I got up early this morning and watched Corrie on UKTV. I don't know how far behind it is but Gail Tilsley is looking OLD, so it can't be that far behind.

After Corrie was the Benny Hill Show, featuring classics like the chinese man who can't pronounce English words.
Old Sep 21st 2004, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Old Sep 21st 2004, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by renth
I got up early this morning and watched Corrie on UKTV. I don't know how far behind it is but Gail Tilsley is looking OLD, so it can't be that far behind.

After Corrie was the Benny Hill Show, featuring classics like the chinese man who can't pronounce English words.
That Gail Tilsley was BORN looking old!