TV Last Night

Old Jan 13th 2004, 2:07 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TV Last Night

Did anyone watch that drama last night about those thugs in London that beat a young lad to death?

God it was sickening and made me realise - yet again why we are leaving.

Are there council estates in Australia with thugs like this or is it yet another typical English delicacy?

The absurd thing is that my sister lives in Blackheath - a nice area not far from where this happened really. you really have no idea about whats on your doorstep. Which is why I was wondering about Aus because I've never seen it there. Taken a few wrong turns in the states and seen a scary side to it but not Aus.

Max
Old Jan 13th 2004, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default I saw it

I saw it too - made me feel sick what they showed in first 10 mins.

However, please note that these things are rare thank god and could happen anywhere - gangs will obviously congregate in sink estates which could also be anywhere.

Media and improvements in reporting and liberal TV laws meanas that now we just here about it more often.

Years ago this stuff still went on but went un-reported and certainly no-one thought to make TV dramas from them.

Aren't they thinking of making the Fred west story a film ?.

Anyway - agree with you, USA also has a few dodgy areas (and very good ones) and no doubt ditto in Oz.

We just need everyone on here to tell us where they are !
Old Jan 13th 2004, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV Last Night

Originally posted by maxpaxx
Did anyone watch that drama last night about those thugs in London that beat a young lad to death?

Are there council estates in Australia with thugs like this or is it yet another typical English delicacy?

The absurd thing is that my sister lives in Blackheath - a nice area not far from where this happened really. you really have no idea about whats on your doorstep. Which is why I was wondering about Aus because I've never seen it there. Taken a few wrong turns in the states and seen a scary side to it but not Aus.

Max
Sadly Max you will find this type of thing everywhere these days. You can also take a wrong turn in Melbourne, in Sydney, in Perth, in Brisbane .......... as well as London. You will find housing commission (council estates) areas in large Australian cities also. There have been endless threads on here about relative crime rates and a search will throw them up.

OzTennis
Old Jan 13th 2004, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TV Last Night

Originally posted by maxpaxx

Max

This actually happened to us, many years ago in Streatham, south london. Although he wasnt ,killed my exhusband was kicked unconcious and then knifed.
Nothing was done by the police so his famiky took the law into their own hands
it was a very very frightening experiance and if anyone from immigration is browsing he is my EX husband.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough

Hi,

You won't escape crime by moving to Australia. Crime is everywhere. Perth is the burglary capital of Australia, whether you have more chance of being a victim of crime in the UK or Oz is down to pure bad luck really. If you wan't a better idea of what's going on in Perth then read the online paper www.thewest.com.au

You will see that plenty of crime is reported. Don't let that put you off though, as I said, crime is everywhere. These statements are not meant to upset you or make you think twice about what you are doing, they are just facts of life I'm afraid.

Adrian