TV Help

Old Jan 18th 2013, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

weezypenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TV Help

So this might seem like a strange question..
I have 3 Samsung Plasma TV's (18 months old) which i brought from Canada to OZ. They all currently run off transformers, but I was wondering if I could change the power suedpplies so they do not need the transformers. ( i would like to mount on wall with out the bulky transformers showing)
So any help is appricated
Old Jan 18th 2013, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV Help

I dont think you can (easily - or possibly at all) change the power supply from the Canadian 110V to Oz 230V - a transformer is your only solution

Dont let it stop you wall mounting them though - simply hide the transformer out of the way (possibly along with other AV equipment like Blu Ray players, Satellite boxes etc) and extend the cable between the two (new plug and male to female flex connectors) - for best results use screened flex and earth at least one end of the shield to keep interference to a minimum

HTH
Old Jan 18th 2013, 9:27 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the first thing I would do is check that the PSU isn't already a 110-240v type - sometimes via a small switch to change between ranges. One line unit beats out two in economics, so it's possible.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 1:08 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weezypenguin
So this might seem like a strange question..
I have 3 Samsung Plasma TV's (18 months old) which i brought from Canada to OZ. They all currently run off transformers, but I was wondering if I could change the power suedpplies so they do not need the transformers. ( i would like to mount on wall with out the bulky transformers showing)
So any help is appricated
Are you using a 240 / 110 transformer, and then connecting TV?

A lot of equipment uses transformers for their power supplies - can you not get a replacement for your tv that starts from 240V?
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Look up your TV specs. A lot will run on both voltages automatically.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 1:41 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Well, the first thing I would do is check that the PSU isn't already a 110-240v type - sometimes via a small switch to change between ranges. One line unit beats out two in economics, so it's possible.

I would be very surprised if it wasn't...

S