tv

Old Apr 14th 2006, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough
Default tv

hello can anyone tell me if it is correct that ur uk tv will work as long as u have sky in aus .. is sky in aus the same as here .. ie u can rvce normal aus tv channels through the set top box ..
Old Apr 14th 2006, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tv

Originally Posted by sara-anthony3108
hello can anyone tell me if it is correct that ur uk tv will work as long as u have sky in aus .. is sky in aus the same as here .. ie u can rvce normal aus tv channels through the set top box ..
hi sara yes it will its not called sky thow, carnt remeber what it called chuck

hugs geex
Old Apr 14th 2006, 12:45 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

As long as it's a relatively new TV it'll work. If you do run into problems, it'll be with the sound which can be rectified by running it through a VCR or (I suppose) a satellite box. Yes, you'll get the usual terrestrial channels on AusStar/Foxtel (Sky in Oz).
Old Apr 14th 2006, 12:49 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

You can get ABC, 9 and SBS through Foxtel but not 7 and 10. this is due to some licensing problem apparently. I bought a $75 digi-box for the odd times I want to watch these channels but as 10 only ever shows reality TV crap, that's not often.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
You can get ABC, 9 and SBS through Foxtel but not 7 and 10. this is due to some licensing problem apparently.
Not heard of that one.

Might only apply in some areas, because we get 7 and 10 on our Foxtel.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 1:02 pm
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to be pedantic but is life so short that you can't type 'you' instead of 'u', 'your' instead of 'ur' and 'receive' instead of 'rvce' ?
Old Apr 14th 2006, 1:08 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyc
Not heard of that one.

Might only apply in some areas, because we get 7 and 10 on our Foxtel.
Now you mention it, in our first rental we had cable and it had 7 and 10. That might have been Austar instead of Foxtel but I can't remember. We have Foxtel satellite here and don't get those channels anyway.

But then I've just read this and maybe I didn't
Old Apr 14th 2006, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Now you mention it, in our first rental we had cable and it had 7 and 10. That might have been Austar instead of Foxtel but I can't remember. We have Foxtel satellite here and don't get those channels anyway.

But then I've just read this and maybe I didn't
That explains it - we have cable so get the analogue 7 and 9.
You have satellite and so you dont.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough

yes u r being pedantic what does it matter loads of people use short cuts for words

Originally Posted by benny the ball
Sorry to be pedantic but is life so short that you can't type 'you' instead of 'u', 'your' instead of 'ur' and 'receive' instead of 'rvce' ?
Old Apr 14th 2006, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

yes u r being pedantic what does it matter loads of people use short cuts for words
normally lazy teenagers sending text messages to each other
Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:20 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
normally lazy teenagers sending text messages to each other
Nothing lazy about it, have you tried sending a long text in proper english, it takes ages, and it's harder to read for those of us with small screens (e.g. one or two words per line!).
Old Apr 14th 2006, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Aussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really nice

Originally Posted by herrchook
Nothing lazy about it, have you tried sending a long text in proper english, it takes ages, and it's harder to read for those of us with small screens (e.g. one or two words per line!).
In answer to your question if your TV is widescreen brand new with all the
connections in the back scart yellow red white holes bring it.
The actual set will not work but if you buy a digital set top box for about 50 pound and plug it in you will be fine or Foxtel cabel if you are in a city area
this will give you the pay stations plus the tv stations.
The sat.service does not give you the tv stations.
Hope that helps.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 10:00 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

I think I will give Sky/Foxtel a miss, we have Sky at the mo & my 6yr old is glued to it, you can't talk to him whike he's watching it. Plus my 11 yr old watches all the music channels & some of the video's they show are bordering on p*rn!

Trouble is I like watching all the programs on the discovery & such channels, but I am willing to sacrifice them for a better outdoor lifestyle when/if we get there.

I might have to buy a set top box though so the telly will work!

Chris.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you just use all the letters on your keyboard to type full words in order to construct sentences ? Is it really that hard ? I am sorry, but it isn't being pedantic, you are just being lazy.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Originally Posted by BenandPam
Why don't you just use all the letters on your keyboard to type full words in order to construct sentences ? Is it really that hard ? I am sorry, but it isn't being pedantic, you are just being lazy.
U care about his spelling y does it make it hard for u 2 understand if u cant understand it dont read it, it's that simple, people dont add threads to gain a chufty badge so they prob dont give a s**t what u think about their spelling methods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.