Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Turn your life around today

Turn your life around today

Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

ButtonMoon, this is really interesting. I think I will nip into Holland & Barrett on Monday and see if I can find the chlorophyll supplement anywhere. Bound to be on the web if not in that shop. Always ready to give something good a try - only problem is I tend to forget to take supplements (hence cupboard full of ageing good intentions!). This sound darn good though, especially for someone who struggles to remember the 5 fruit/veg servings a day. (I do try though!)

will post an update if I do manage to see it through...

K_M
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Ahem...

Can you get it in capsule form?

i do have a genuine reason for asking
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by podgypossum
Ahem...

Can you get it in capsule form?

i do have a genuine reason for asking
without doing the search, I would reckon so - most supplements available that way? Easiest to resort to google, I would think. If my local health pills place doesn't have it, that's what I'll do...

why pills? Have to say, I'd prefer that way too. I bought a tincture of something the other day and it's revolting, whatever it's mixed with.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

The reason being, i already take that many pills and potions for medical reasons, and hte thought of adding another nasty tasting substance really doenst appeal!...thanx Koala
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

ick, ick - poor you!

happy days- pills readily available:

found this UK one:
http://www.ventris.org.uk/health_sup...mplex_3185.htm

and here are some Oz pills:
http://www.healthnetwork.com.au/phar...tegory_id=52#6
(scroll down the page)

pop pop pop we go with the pills
Old Jan 18th 2004, 6:51 am
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Podge not ignoring you , have been out to enjoy a little of the Melbourne sunshine.
I have done a search and found a company in Victoria which sells wheatgrass tablets.
log onto www.nutri-green.com.au
I 'm not sure where you live but the products should be widely available in health food stores.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 6:54 am
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

km glad to see you will give it a go...best of luck.
I know my mum gets her powder from a health food stor in the Uk (Manchester), so you may have to look around some.

Steve
Old Jan 18th 2004, 7:31 am
Merlot

Originally posted by ButtonMoon

Coming off dairy is a good one.Dairy products promote mucus formation in the lungs.If you like tea and coffee try light soy milk,it's not as nutty as the full soy.Soy is full of calcium and you should monitor your calcium levels if you leave dairy behind.

Steve
Excellent advice, listen I am really starting to feel better already, a week into it.

I'll give light soy a go as I found full fat stuff was nutty. Using Lactose Free at the moment and not bad.

Boy, I will be new woman as I step off the plane in England in March 2004!

Cheers
Merlot

PS Barley Grass is alos available in capsules but the Health Food store recommended the powder as being more effective.

Old Jan 18th 2004, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Merlot
Excellent advice, listen I am really starting to feel better already, a week into it.

I'll give light soy a go as I found full fat stuff was nutty. Using Lactose Free at the moment and not bad.

Boy, I will be new woman as I step off the plane in England in March 2004!

Cheers
Merlot

PS Barley Grass is alos available in capsules but the Health Food store recommended the powder as being more effective.
Merlot, I'm also lactose intolerant and use soy products. I've found the soy milk and soy yoghurts in the UK are far nicer than the Oz stuff, so even if you still don't like it over there, make sure you give it a try when you come back. (altho £1.39 for a litre carton of soy milk is expensive).

I asked for a latte with soy milk in manchester last week and received the retort "you mean soya?" I was a bit baffled trying to remember whether the cartons in Australia are labelled soy or soya but since you called it soy as well I guess that makes two of us!! (I also ordered a skinny latte for my husband which baffled the waitress in return!!)

HP
Old Jan 18th 2004, 8:16 am
Merlot

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Merlot, I'm also lactose intolerant and use soy products. I've found the soy milk and soy yoghurts in the UK are far nicer than the Oz stuff, so even if you still don't like it over there, make sure you give it a try when you come back. (altho £1.39 for a litre carton of soy milk is expensive).

I asked for a latte with soy milk in manchester last week and received the retort "you mean soya?" I was a bit baffled trying to remember whether the cartons in Australia are labelled soy or soya but since you called it soy as well I guess that makes two of us!! (I also ordered a skinny latte for my husband which baffled the waitress in return!!)

HP
Hi HP

Thanks for the post, I laughed as I am sure I will ask for skinny lattes as well!

Good to hear the soy, sorry soya is better in the UK, my Mum said it is. My biggest concern is that we are staying with her when we get back - up in sunny Billingham and not sure if they do decent coffee up there. I'll have to get my butt back down to Manchester if that is the case (old stomping ground). Any good coffee houses to recommend? I am sure Starbucks is on some street corner!

Hubby & I have tickets for a couple of the United games - he's the fan, I am the spare part. I'll seek a good coffee then.

Thanks again.

Merlot

PS Do they say latte as "lart-ay" as they do here of "late-e"? Hope you understand this phoentic.

Old Jan 18th 2004, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Mr&MrsPom is an unknown quantity at this point

They say 'lart-ay' here, I don't though, I usually say 'Hot Chocolate Please'. Can't stand the coffee, far to strong for my delicate tastes. You would of thought that I would have developed a taste for it after 5 years in Washington, but no. Its strong tea or Hot Choc for me.

Originally posted by Merlot
Hi HP

Thanks for the post, I laughed as I am sure I will ask for skinny lattes as well!

Good to hear the soy, sorry soya is better in the UK, my Mum said it is. My biggest concern is that we are staying with her when we get back - up in sunny Billingham and not sure if they do decent coffee up there. I'll have to get my butt back down to Manchester if that is the case (old stomping ground). Any good coffee houses to recommend? I am sure Starbucks is on some street corner!

Hubby & I have tickets for a couple of the United games - he's the fan, I am the spare part. I'll seek a good coffee then.

Thanks again.

Merlot

PS Do they say latte as "lart-ay" as they do here of "late-e"? Hope you understand this phoentic.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 8:58 am
Merlot

Default Your say tomato . . .

Originally posted by Mr&MrsPom
They say 'lart-ay' here, I don't though, I usually say 'Hot Chocolate Please'. Can't stand the coffee, far to strong for my delicate tastes. You would of thought that I would have developed a taste for it after 5 years in Washington, but no. Its strong tea or Hot Choc for me.
There are a lot of words I need to change when I get back to Blighty.

The Ozzies say differently to name a few - pasta, data, maroon, lilac and memo. Spelt the same, pronounced different!

Plus I need to stop calling duvets, doonas and felt tip pens, texta's.

All part of the fun I suppose.

Merlot

Old Jan 18th 2004, 9:36 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by koala_mac
ButtonMoon, this is really interesting. I think I will nip into Holland & Barrett on Monday and see if I can find the chlorophyll supplement anywhere. Bound to be on the web if not in that shop. Always ready to give something good a try - only problem is I tend to forget to take supplements (hence cupboard full of ageing good intentions!). This sound darn good though, especially for someone who struggles to remember the 5 fruit/veg servings a day. (I do try though!)

will post an update if I do manage to see it through...

K_M

hiya
just had a look at
www.hollandandbarrett.com
they do a chloropyll and mint chewable, but only promote it as a breath freshener!! a search for wheatgrass showed only wheat germ oil - same thing??
will have a mosey round the web....

sue
Old Jan 18th 2004, 9:59 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by ButtonMoon
Yes i did have bad breath..smoker .

Hang on a minute!

Am I the only one who's picked up on this bit?

Maybe if you just stopped the smoking you wouldn't have the bad breath, bad skin, pains, shortness of breath, etc.

You'd also save yourself a large wad on money in the process. Taking a 'good' thing to cover up a 'bad' thing is not the answer. The answer is to stop the 'bad' thing! There's nothing wrong with taking healthy suppliments, but do them for the right reasons!

Anyone want to buy some 'Snake Oil'?
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:51 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Anyone want to buy some 'Snake Oil'?

oh christ......I cant afford to take all these bl##dy supplements!!!
what does this one do???? (apart from kill snakes??)

sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.