British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Tues 11th/Tues 25th Nov & 2nd Dec;Brisbane CBD, anyone fancy drinks and chat? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/tues-11th-tues-25th-nov-2nd-dec%3Bbrisbane-cbd-anyone-fancy-drinks-chat-569709/)

Pollyana Oct 27th 2008 10:42 pm

Tues 11th/Tues 25th Nov & 2nd Dec;Brisbane CBD, anyone fancy drinks and chat?

The stalwarts of the Gilhooleys Expats Drinking Club will struggle on, though I don't know how we will cope without Sandra :cry_smile: She will need to come back occasionally to check on us.

We are giving next week a break, due to night shfts, and training courses and other such unwelcome interruptions from real life, so the next night we are planning is

TUESDAY 11th NOVEMBER

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and Bulmers cider, amongst other tipples, which makes it a perfect meeting place.
Usually one of us there from 5.15ish onwards, and I'm happy to pm my mobile number to anyone who needs it.

Its about 10 minutes from Central Station, and there's a taxi rank outside.

Everyone is welcome, we really are quite a tame and friendly bunch, and Aussies are welcome too :)

Be great to meet some new people!:thumbsup:

:beer: :beer:

Next two nights arranged are for 25th November and then 3rd December - see futher down the thread.........

Bernieboy Oct 27th 2008 10:57 pm

Re: Tues 11th November, Brisbane CBD, anyone fancy drinks and chat?

I would love to come along,my bested alter ego Bernieboy(no relation)say's the craic is really good and everybody is sooooooo friendly:thumbup:

Jetfixer Oct 28th 2008 3:32 am

Just moved to North Brisbane with my wife and two kids.

I don't know anybody so I am definitely up for some drinking on Tuesday 11th.:beer:

Please PM me your mobile number.

Jetfixer

Pollyana Oct 28th 2008 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Jetfixer (Post 6916502)
Just moved to North Brisbane with my wife and two kids.

I don't know anybody so I am definitely up for some drinking on Tuesday 11th.:beer:

Please PM me your mobile number.

Jetfixer

Okey doke. Fellow northerner here (live in Aspley, work at Kedron). Be good to meet you! :)

Polly :beer:

Bernieboy Oct 28th 2008 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 6916727)
Okey doke. Fellow northerner here (live in Aspley, work at Kedron). Be good to meet you! :)

Polly :beer:

Oh dear another northerner,thats all we need,one more WORKING CLASS member of the monday/tuesday club;)

Pollyana Oct 28th 2008 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 6916737)
Oh dear another northerner,thats all we need,one more WORKING CLASS member of the monday/tuesday club;)

Northerner as in north Brisbane, not northerner as in flat cap and whippet :D

bobbyftm Oct 28th 2008 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 6916872)
Northerner as in north Brisbane, not northerner as in flat cap and whippet :D

And just what's wrong with flat caps and snippets :p

Pollyana Oct 28th 2008 9:34 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 6916909)
And just what's wrong with flat caps and snippets :p

Nowt, I have several flat caps and used to own a whippet :D

Bernie gets easily confused though, so have to give him plenty of clues :rofl:

bobbyftm Oct 28th 2008 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 6917136)
Nowt, I have several flat caps and used to own a whippet :D

Bernie gets easily confused though, so have to give him plenty of clues :rofl:

You saying it's got summit to do with his nationality ??:sneaky:

ausi dream Oct 28th 2008 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 6915920)
The stalwarts of the Gilhooleys Expats Drinking Club will struggle on, though I don't know how we will cope without Sandra :cry_smile: She will need to come back occasionally to check on us.

We are giving next week a break, due to night shfts, and training courses and other such unwelcome interruptions from real life, so the next night we are planning is

TUESDAY 11th NOVEMBER

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and Bulmers cider, amongst other tipples, which makes it a perfect meeting place.
Usually one of us there from 5.15ish onwards, and I'm happy to pm my mobile number to anyone who needs it.

Its about 10 minutes from Central Station, and there's a taxi rank outside.

Everyone is welcome, we really are quite a tame and friendly bunch, and Aussies are welcome too :)

Be great to meet some new people!:thumbsup:

:beer: :beer:

Pollana i would have loved to have come along, but unfortunately i am still quite a few miles away still.
Big hello to everyone from ME.

Pollyana Oct 28th 2008 9:57 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 6917141)
You saying it's got summit to do with his nationality ??:sneaky:

:rofl: Would I :lol:

Pollyana Nov 5th 2008 6:40 am

Originally Posted by ausi dream (Post 6917158)
Pollana i would have loved to have come along, but unfortunately i am still quite a few miles away still.
Big hello to everyone from ME.

NEver mind, you may make it to a future meet-up :)

bobbyftm Nov 5th 2008 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 6941995)
NEver mind, you may make it to a future meet-up :)

I assume you've kept last night's non event very hush hush !Just exactly what kind of a drinking club missesa week?? Lightweights !!:zzz:

Pollyana Nov 5th 2008 9:27 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 6942045)
I assume you've kept last night's non event very hush hush !Just exactly what kind of a drinking club missesa week?? Lightweights !!:zzz:

The others may have gone, I have no idea, I was on a night shift so had my own personal "drinking night" before I went to bed this morning!!! Not a secret though, it mentioned in the first post on the thread :sneaky:

No reason why everyone else can't go drinking without me :D (mood I'm in this week they'd probably have a better time without me actually!!)

bobbyftm Nov 5th 2008 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 6942333)
The others may have gone, I have no idea, I was on a night shift so had my own personal "drinking night" before I went to bed this morning!!! Not a secret though, it mentioned in the first post on the thread :sneaky:

No reason why everyone else can't go drinking without me :D (mood I'm in this week they'd probably have a better time without me actually!!)

Polly you forgot to mention that we'd get drenched walking back from RSL tonight:curse: