Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tues 11th/Tues 25th Nov & 2nd Dec;Brisbane CBD, anyone fancy drinks and chat?

Tues 11th/Tues 25th Nov & 2nd Dec;Brisbane CBD, anyone fancy drinks and chat?

Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tues 11th/Tues 25th Nov & 2nd Dec;Brisbane CBD, anyone fancy drinks and chat?

The stalwarts of the Gilhooleys Expats Drinking Club will struggle on, though I don't know how we will cope without Sandra She will need to come back occasionally to check on us.

We are giving next week a break, due to night shfts, and training courses and other such unwelcome interruptions from real life, so the next night we are planning is

TUESDAY 11th NOVEMBER

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and Bulmers cider, amongst other tipples, which makes it a perfect meeting place.
Usually one of us there from 5.15ish onwards, and I'm happy to pm my mobile number to anyone who needs it.

Its about 10 minutes from Central Station, and there's a taxi rank outside.

Everyone is welcome, we really are quite a tame and friendly bunch, and Aussies are welcome too

Be great to meet some new people!

Next two nights arranged are for 25th November and then 3rd December - see futher down the thread.........

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 14th 2008 at 5:16 am. Reason: adding new dates
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:57 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tues 11th November, Brisbane CBD, anyone fancy drinks and chat?

I would love to come along,my bested alter ego Bernieboy(no relation)say's the craic is really good and everybody is sooooooo friendly
Old Oct 28th 2008, 3:32 am
Just Joined

Jetfixer is an unknown quantity at this point

Just moved to North Brisbane with my wife and two kids.

I don't know anybody so I am definitely up for some drinking on Tuesday 11th.

Please PM me your mobile number.

Jetfixer
Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:13 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jetfixer
Just moved to North Brisbane with my wife and two kids.

I don't know anybody so I am definitely up for some drinking on Tuesday 11th.

Please PM me your mobile number.

Jetfixer
Okey doke. Fellow northerner here (live in Aspley, work at Kedron). Be good to meet you!

Polly
Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:16 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Okey doke. Fellow northerner here (live in Aspley, work at Kedron). Be good to meet you!

Polly
Oh dear another northerner,thats all we need,one more WORKING CLASS member of the monday/tuesday club
Old Oct 28th 2008, 7:28 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Oh dear another northerner,thats all we need,one more WORKING CLASS member of the monday/tuesday club
Northerner as in north Brisbane, not northerner as in flat cap and whippet
Old Oct 28th 2008, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Northerner as in north Brisbane, not northerner as in flat cap and whippet
And just what's wrong with flat caps and snippets
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:34 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
And just what's wrong with flat caps and snippets
Nowt, I have several flat caps and used to own a whippet

Bernie gets easily confused though, so have to give him plenty of clues
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Nowt, I have several flat caps and used to own a whippet

Bernie gets easily confused though, so have to give him plenty of clues
You saying it's got summit to do with his nationality ??
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

The stalwarts of the Gilhooleys Expats Drinking Club will struggle on, though I don't know how we will cope without Sandra She will need to come back occasionally to check on us.

We are giving next week a break, due to night shfts, and training courses and other such unwelcome interruptions from real life, so the next night we are planning is

TUESDAY 11th NOVEMBER

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and Bulmers cider, amongst other tipples, which makes it a perfect meeting place.
Usually one of us there from 5.15ish onwards, and I'm happy to pm my mobile number to anyone who needs it.

Its about 10 minutes from Central Station, and there's a taxi rank outside.

Everyone is welcome, we really are quite a tame and friendly bunch, and Aussies are welcome too

Be great to meet some new people!

Pollana i would have loved to have come along, but unfortunately i am still quite a few miles away still.
Big hello to everyone from ME.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:57 am
Home and Happy

You saying it's got summit to do with his nationality ??
Would I
Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:40 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ausi dream
Pollana i would have loved to have come along, but unfortunately i am still quite a few miles away still.
Big hello to everyone from ME.
NEver mind, you may make it to a future meet-up
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

NEver mind, you may make it to a future meet-up
I assume you've kept last night's non event very hush hush !Just exactly what kind of a drinking club missesa week?? Lightweights !!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:27 am
Home and Happy

I assume you've kept last night's non event very hush hush !Just exactly what kind of a drinking club missesa week?? Lightweights !!
The others may have gone, I have no idea, I was on a night shift so had my own personal "drinking night" before I went to bed this morning!!! Not a secret though, it mentioned in the first post on the thread

No reason why everyone else can't go drinking without me (mood I'm in this week they'd probably have a better time without me actually!!)

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 5th 2008 at 9:30 am.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The others may have gone, I have no idea, I was on a night shift so had my own personal "drinking night" before I went to bed this morning!!! Not a secret though, it mentioned in the first post on the thread

No reason why everyone else can't go drinking without me (mood I'm in this week they'd probably have a better time without me actually!!)
Polly you forgot to mention that we'd get drenched walking back from RSL tonight:curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.