Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Trying to make friends. Perth

Trying to make friends. Perth

Old Apr 11th 2007, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Dom-from-bristol is a jewel in the roughDom-from-bristol is a jewel in the roughDom-from-bristol is a jewel in the roughDom-from-bristol is a jewel in the rough
Default Trying to make friends. Perth

Hi my name is Dom im almost 28, moved to Perth last year Im originally from Bristol, totally love the life here, but im finding Perth an unfriendly place I havent managed to make any friends yet. Feeling somewhat isolated as im realizing that good friends from home dont keep in touch and that its even harder to make friends here. So if there are any guys or girls that wouldnt mind another pom to hang out with, get in touch
Attached Thumbnails Trying to make friends. Perth-elvis%2520style.jpg  
Old Apr 11th 2007, 3:39 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trying to make friends. Perth

Hi Dom. Welcome to B.E
I'm not in perth so can't help there but I'm sure you'll make friends through this site.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Dom-from-bristol is a jewel in the roughDom-from-bristol is a jewel in the roughDom-from-bristol is a jewel in the roughDom-from-bristol is a jewel in the rough

Wow that was quick! thanks all the same
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

bazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nice

Hello Dom, Moved here with the missus 15 months ago from London.Know what you mean. I work in the city. Just email me if you fancy a pint after work.
Cheers Barry
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bazperth
Hello Dom, Moved here with the missus 15 months ago from London.Know what you mean. I work in the city. Just email me if you fancy a pint after work.
Cheers Barry
Cheers mate thats nice of you to offer, where abouts do ya live nor or sor? im north of river
Old Apr 12th 2007, 3:02 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

On the Poms in Perth website. theres a regular meet up for people round your age group - clubs and pubs etc. It looks good - if only I were 10/15 years younger .

Anyhow me amd my family are NOR whereabouts are you ?
Old Apr 12th 2007, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sme
On the Poms in Perth website. theres a regular meet up for people round your age group - clubs and pubs etc. It looks good - if only I were 10/15 years younger .

Anyhow me amd my family are NOR whereabouts are you ?
Im in Greenwood, staying with my uncle till i find my feet etc, he's ok but different generations and all that. Whats this 'poms in perth' website you speak of? i've never heard of it
Old Apr 12th 2007, 3:16 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dom-from-bristol
Im in Greenwood, staying with my uncle till i find my feet etc, he's ok but different generations and all that. Whats this 'poms in perth' website you speak of? i've never heard of it
www.pomsinperth.com

Sort of like here but not as friendly in my opinion. Can get a bit bitchy !
Just tried the site to find a link for you but its down at the mo. being maitained
I can't remember the girls name but she links up a regular social with a myspace website (so that could be another search) They seem really well attended and great fun.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 3:22 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dom,
If you look for the poster named Dawn, it's her daughter, Nikki, that runs the nights out for singles and young 'uns. Send her a pm and she'll be in touch, she's a lovely girl.
Good luck,
Tracey
Ps Hang on in there, it takes time to meet and make good friends (how long did it take in the UK!). Some people you'll meet will be OK, but somewhere along the line you'll meet some good 'uns.

Last edited by nightnurse2; Apr 12th 2007 at 3:25 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sme
www.pomsinperth.com

Sort of like here but not as friendly in my opinion. Can get a bit bitchy !
Just tried the site to find a link for you but its down at the mo. being maitained
I can't remember the girls name but she links up a regular social with a myspace website (so that could be another search) They seem really well attended and great fun.
Cheers ill try that, when they have finished cleaning the cob-webs!
Yeah it would be cool to meet guys or girls my own age, but older folk are great too...the more the merrier!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Hi Dom,
If you look for the poster named Dawn, it's her daughter, Nikki, that runs the nights out for singles and young 'uns. Send her a pm and she'll be in touch, she's a lovely girl.
Good luck,
Tracey
Ps Hang on in there, it takes time to meet and make good friends (how long did it take in the UK!). Some people you'll meet will be OK, but somewhere along the line you'll meet some good 'uns.
Cheers thanks for your input, so Dawn is on the pomsinperth website? or this one?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 3:17 am
sme
......in the sand !

Cheers thanks for your input, so Dawn is on the pomsinperth website? or this one?
Here you go Dom. Hope you have a great time!

www.myspace.com/perthpoms
Old Apr 13th 2007, 9:45 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Both!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Well Ive sent Dawn an email, hopefully I got the right one just have to wait for a reply now.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 9:30 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Well Ive sent Dawn an email, hopefully I got the right one just have to wait for a reply now.
Hi Dom....ive sent you a pm....im the right Dawn my daughter fond the same thing, weve been here 10 months now. Your not too far from us either, about 15mins away so thats good. x.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.