Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tryin to sell the house.....

Tryin to sell the house.....

Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:11 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Tryin to sell the house.....

Andy has spoken to Your Move today the guys sellin our house....

This is our home pictured below.......

The agents have sed....terraced houses r sellin, semis r sellin....

but anyone lookin for a property like ours tend to part ex on new developments.

bit gutted really with his opinion..... Andy thinks we will b on the market for sometime....so may have to consider a validation trip after all........

love boomie
xxxxxxxxxx
Attached Thumbnails Tryin to sell the house.....-front-ov-house-pic.jpg  

Last edited by Boomie; Apr 30th 2004 at 9:23 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tryin to sell the house.....

If i wasn't going to Oz, i'd buy it!
thinking of you mate
love rach x
Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:32 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Fingers crossed Boomie. We've had two viewings yesterday, no offers yet. Another viewing tomorrow.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Boomie,

Think we were in the same boat as you and also the stamp duty fee above 250k don't help. The answer is to hold out for your price which may be some time, reduce to a lower price or maybe keep your property and let it out. The validation trips not a bad idea anyway, although it would prove costly with your crew.

Terry
Old May 1st 2004, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Oh s**t ... it's so similar to mine!
Our house in on a corner too ... but ya just can't see the bend ...

these houses (the price range) are going ...
The people selling these are going somewhere ...!

We accepted an offer on ours a week ago .... I MUST get round to applying to Oz now!
Attached Thumbnails Tryin to sell the house.....-lttp0057701.jpg  
Old May 1st 2004, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by ecando
Oh s**t ... it's so similar to mine!
Our house in on a corner too ... but ya just can't see the bend ...

these houses (the price range) are going ...

The people selling these are going somewhere ...!

We accepted an offer on ours a week ago .... I MUST get round to applying to Oz now!
Ours looked like that too We completed on 1 April but it had been on the market since the end of June

It wasnt a Bellway was it?
Old May 1st 2004, 6:01 am

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by debsy
Ours looked like that too We completed on 1 April but it had been on the market since the end of June

We have been on the market since beg November...... no it's a David Wilson Home.

love Boomie
xx

Last edited by Boomie; May 1st 2004 at 6:50 am.
Old May 1st 2004, 6:51 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Boomie

but anyone lookin for a property like ours tend to part ex on new developments.
Get another Agent!!

Is he saying that everyone in a semi part excganges for a new development house???!!!!

He means he has had no enquiries for your type of property this week!

I think Terry's right about the options.

Fingers crossed for you - we'll be in the same boat early next year
:scared:
Old May 1st 2004, 6:52 am

We have been on the market since beg November...... no it's a David Wilson Home.

love Boomie
xx
few pix ..... there are 4 ....will need to wait for em to load

love boom
xx
Attached Files
File Type: doc
house.doc (48.0 KB, 126 views)

Last edited by Boomie; May 1st 2004 at 7:04 am.
Old May 1st 2004, 6:58 am

Originally posted by arnie2oz
Get another Agent!!

Is he saying that everyone in a semi part excganges for a new development house???!!!!

He means he has had no enquiries for your type of property this week!

I think Terry's right about the options.

Fingers crossed for you - we'll be in the same boat early next year
:scared:

Hiya......

this is our second agent..... the first one was tellin buyers we were movin to Oz and were desp to sell..... so we moved.....

unfortunately we are tied with this one for a further 5 weeks....

after that we think we will ask agent if we can use two agents at the same time.....

love boomie
xx
Old May 1st 2004, 7:13 am

Hiya......

this is our second agent..... the first one was tellin buyers we were movin to Oz and were desp to sell..... so we moved.....

unfortunately we are tied with this one for a further 5 weeks....

after that we think we will ask agent if we can use two agents at the same time.....

love boomie
xx
here is our selling guide....... anyone see where we can improve it.....

love boomie
xxxx
Attached Files
File Type: doc
house sellin guide.doc (234.5 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by Boomie; May 1st 2004 at 8:23 am.
Old May 1st 2004, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Lisa,

Sorry it's still not sold!!!

We are with your move and also tied for another 3 weeks, had an offer on Tuesday but they havn't sold yet!!

Had a viewing last night and hers isn't even on the market.

It's the same down here.... 3 beds, semis and terraced are going like hot cakes and we have been competing with a new Perssimon development around the corner!!
Your move advised us to drop the price by 5K to compete so we did and it did get us more viewings!!

Will bring our details with us this afternoon to show you and we'll compare

See you later

Anita xx
Old May 1st 2004, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by debsy

Hi Debsy, not sure if you meant my house ... It is a Wilcon Homes one ...

To everyone ... it WILL happen, I had been tearing my hair out ( my wife is the sensible, stabilised ROCK, that keeps me from losing the plot BIG TIME!) as we had had lots of viewings (20+) and NO-ONE ever came back! Then .. having got back from hoiday, an couple came and viewed, and when the man went straight into the lounge and sat down (!!) ... I got good vibes ... They came back 2 days later, and we 'did the deal'. They have first time buyers buying their house, they are in a 3 bed semi ... moving UP the chain to a 4 bed detached..

I'M NOT RUBBING IN THE FACT THAT I'VE SOLD, just that 4 bed houses ARE going even with new developments going on around us ... Be wary of reducing the advertised price ... the housing market is still bouyant ... how about telling the estate agent to let prospective viewers know that you are open to a reduced offer?? That way you can still haggle!?
Hope this helps ...
Old May 1st 2004, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by ecando
Hi Debsy, not sure if you meant my house ... It is a Wilcon Homes one ...

To everyone ... it WILL happen, I had been tearing my hair out ( my wife is the sensible, stabilised ROCK, that keeps me from losing the plot BIG TIME!) as we had had lots of viewings (20+) and NO-ONE ever came back! Then .. having got back from hoiday, an couple came and viewed, and when the man went straight into the lounge and sat down (!!) ... I got good vibes ... They came back 2 days later, and we 'did the deal'. They have first time buyers buying their house, they are in a 3 bed semi ... moving UP the chain to a 4 bed detached..

I'M NOT RUBBING IN THE FACT THAT I'VE SOLD, just that 4 bed houses ARE going even with new developments going on around us ... Be wary of reducing the advertised price ... the housing market is still bouyant ... how about telling the estate agent to let prospective viewers know that you are open to a reduced offer?? That way you can still haggle!?
Hope this helps ...
They all look similar dont they
Ours was also a 4 bed detached.
Old May 1st 2004, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Yes, you're right, they do all look the same

This is ours
Attached Thumbnails Tryin to sell the house.....-showpic.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.