Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The true cost of bringing a dog over!!

The true cost of bringing a dog over!!

Old Oct 18th 2006, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

clivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really nice
Default The true cost of bringing a dog over!!

We have a three year old Chocolate Lab (4 in December) we have had the Pet removal company (Pets on the move) do everything.

They are kenneling her prior to the flight and having all the blood tests done and everything else that she must have then flying her from Manchester to Melbourne, via London. Then she has her 30 days quarantine then flys to Darwin when we get her back - Total cost is a little under £3200

Just wondering how much everyone else has paid with flights tests and quarantine ect all in.

I could always have told the kids she was knocked down and gave her away, Only kidding to the animal rights people out there
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:00 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The true cost of bringing a dog over!!

Originally Posted by clivefawcett
We have a three year old Chocolate Lab (4 in December) we have had the Pet removal company (Pets on the move) do everything.

They are kenneling her prior to the flight and having all the blood tests done and everything else that she must have then flying her from Manchester to Melbourne, via London. Then she has her 30 days quarantine then flys to Darwin when we get her back - Total cost is a little under £3200

Just wondering how much everyone else has paid with flights tests and quarantine ect all in.

I could always have told the kids she was knocked down and gave her away, Only kidding to the animal rights people out there

We've paid Pinehawk £2,255 for our 2 staffies who fly on 30th... only 12 days...! However there's some kenneling to add to that, the Vet costs associated with the export, I did the Import stuff with AQIS myself, and there's the quarantine to add as well...

Total I reckon about £3,400
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

annn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The true cost of bringing a dog over!!

Originally Posted by clivefawcett

Paid about the same as you and would do all over again

"A dog is the only animal who will love you more than they love themselves"

Although i'm not too sure about the validity of this quote which a wise lady recently told me, as I too have a Labrador and although I am a close second his stomach definatly comes first

Ann