Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tropical Cyclone Ellie,Qld Coast Cairns - Mackay

Tropical Cyclone Ellie,Qld Coast Cairns - Mackay

Old Feb 8th 2009, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tropical Cyclone Ellie,Qld Coast Cairns - Mackay

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
Any idea what the weather will be like this coming Thursday in the Cairns region? I've looked around on the internet and the general guidance is that it'll be thunder storms for the next 10 days...

How is Cairns airport doing at the moment? Any signs of temp closure?

Thanks.

i'm doing a little 'im coming to Cairns' dance (the reverse of a rain dance!)
Wet season time so dance away.

WW
Old Feb 8th 2009, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

My sister has just flown to Cairns to go on a 3 day scuba dive expedition off Green Island. My dad cancelled and is staying with us, as he can't manage the swell. Let's hope she sees some fishes and sharks amongst the murk. She was glued to the weather channel this las week with us growing ever more depressed, and I'd like her to come back slightly happier! Hope everyone up there is ok. At least it is cooler here today.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 8:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Any idea what the weather will be like this coming Thursday in the Cairns region? I've looked around on the internet and the general guidance is that it'll be thunder storms for the next 10 days...

Thanks.

Keep an eye out HERE
Old Feb 8th 2009, 11:32 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

Past by the airport this morning and planes are landing as normal, I wouldnt worry to much the wrost affected areas of cairns are low lying areas such as edge hill, manoora and manunda.

These areas are getting it quite bad, but the kids are out playing in it and the water seems to disperse quite quickly.

People just seem to adjust to life in the tropics and acccept its part of life here.

we are in Redlynch and apart from it raining heavy and losing austar (sky) its life as normal.

Try not to worry to much it will send you grey
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wardy2
Past by the airport this morning and planes are landing as normal,
Wish I had a fishing line with me yesterday morning as I could have trawled out of the taxi from the airport the water was so high.

WW
Old Feb 13th 2009, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Wish I had a fishing line with me yesterday morning as I could have trawled out of the taxi from the airport the water was so high.

WW
Since landing (before just now) i hadnt experienced any rain! I slept through some last night but i like how it rains at night time! Very convenient for me! I'm having all the hassle of looking for apartments at the moment...so its good that its dry for me to walk around.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 12:29 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

have you any idea where you would like to settle, we looked at a few appartments in the city some were awful, we have settled in Redlynch quite like it out here I think we made a good choice.