Trolls

Old Nov 30th 2004, 4:32 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trolls

I just saw a post from Cheeky asking whether our most recent serial troll was back in the playground. I have also noticed there are quite a few new members on the site recently.

So for the benefit of the new members a troll is someone who regsiters on the forum then (perhaps after quite a while / a significant number of "normal" posts) starts to stir trouble, winding up those of us on here and generally being an ar5ehole. We all appreciate that we are going through a stressful process and the lead up to Xmas is a particularly stressful time of the year and we are all prone to go off on one occassionally.

But if you do see an inflammatory post just ask yourself whether it may just be a troll.

(Apologies to the Moderators, I am not trying to do your role, just trying to save others from the high blood pressure I went through the first time)
Old Nov 30th 2004, 4:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trolls

Think I have spotted one, but obviously won't mention any names, will just keep an eye out - just call me sherlock
Old Nov 30th 2004, 4:52 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Think I have spotted one, but obviously won't mention any names, will just keep an eye out - just call me sherlock
Very perceptive of you, I can see the border guards are well-trained here
Old Nov 30th 2004, 5:12 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Think I know who you mean, they have no imagination
Old Nov 30th 2004, 5:23 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Think I know who you mean, they have no imagination
May as well just wave a flag or flash a flippin great neon sign saying "it's me, I'm back" !!! Duh.... deffo not very imaginative - takes some of the fun out of it, don't you think!

D D
Old Nov 30th 2004, 6:13 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

def some new trolls up to tricks It is really quite sad and boring. Best thing is just to ignore them completely, they soon get fed up.

Lynn
Old Nov 30th 2004, 6:22 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Could this be a photo-fit of our new friend?
Attached Thumbnails Trolls-tdlogo.gif  
Old Nov 30th 2004, 6:30 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
But if you do see an inflammatory post just ask yourself whether it may just be a troll.
You are a wise man! When this poster turns (as I'm sure they will ) don't get riled. Click on the blue exclamation mark in the bottom right of a post to report it.

And just like Frasier, I'm watching. No, wait a minute ......
Old Nov 30th 2004, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
You are a wise man! When this poster turns (as I'm sure they will ) don't get riled. Click on the blue exclamation mark in the bottom right of a post to report it.

And just like Frasier, I'm watching. No, wait a minute ......
Sooo.....that's what the exclamation mark is for! *slaps forehead*

Btw, Our regular troll is deffo back.....saw a couple of posts recently that were either by him or someone impersonating him......just wish I could remember his bloody name......
Old Nov 30th 2004, 7:09 pm
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy

PortJackson is on a distinguished road

Sorry to interrupt but O/T

Deadmeat your avater you had earlier -who was it of?Reminded me of a character from a 80's series

And yes the person you are talking off displays all the characteristics of a troll even down to a similar posting and wording style of their previous persona
Old Nov 30th 2004, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PortJackson
Sorry to interrupt but O/T

Deadmeat your avater you had earlier -who was it of?Reminded me of a character from a 80's series

And yes the person you are talking off displays all the characteristics of a troll even down to a similar posting and wording style of their previous persona
Sorry, I've been through a few avatars today

Pick one

The third one is Father Stone from Father Ted the others are Kenny Everett characters.

Father Stone looks a bit like that guy from "Boys From The Blackstuff" actually ... the "Gissa Job" character ...
Attached Images     
Old Nov 30th 2004, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Sorry, I've been through a few avatars today

Pick one

The third one is Father Stone from Father Ted the others are Kenny Everett characters.

Father Stone looks a bit like that guy from "Boys From The Blackstuff" actually ... the "Gissa Job" character ...
Ahhhhh I thought it was boys from the black stuff.At least thats cleared up.Very alike

Thanks
Old Nov 30th 2004, 7:16 pm
aussie73

Are there any good trolls that you find funny or that makes some interesting
points?

Old Nov 30th 2004, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by aussie73
Are there any good trolls that you find funny or that makes some interesting
points?
Trolls are not in it to make interesting points.However some get labelled trolls or flamers because they may argue a point i.e Australia sucks BUT they usually speak from experience and can usually back their arguements upwith facts.
Old Nov 30th 2004, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PortJackson
Trolls are not in it to make interesting points.However some get labelled trolls or flamers because they may argue a point i.e Australia sucks BUT they usually speak from experience and can usually back their arguements upwith facts.
Good point, but by definition some of them are still trolls and flamers.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but........a troll is 'someone who posts with the intention of creating a negative reaction'. A flamer is 'someone who makes a personal attack on another poster'.

This is of course all too common on the net, but these no-lifes usually get banned if their posts are reported. If it wasn't for the mods, this place could descend into chaos!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.