Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Trivial cheese question!

Trivial cheese question!

Old Jul 18th 2005, 4:49 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Trivial cheese question!

I love cheese - especially the smelly blue varieties, or squidgy french-type ones!!! My Aussie husband has told me that you can't buy this sort of cheese in Australia - either imported, or home-grown

Please tell me he's just winding me up?
Old Jul 18th 2005, 4:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trivial cheese question!

Originally Posted by floss
I love cheese - especially the smelly blue varieties, or squidgy french-type ones!!! My Aussie husband has told me that you can't buy this sort of cheese in Australia - either imported, or home-grown

Don't tell me, you love lettuce too

Apparently it is available, it can be found, you just have to look
Old Jul 18th 2005, 4:57 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Trivial cheese question!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Don't tell me, you love lettuce too

Apparently it is available, it can be found, you just have to look
Strange you should ask about lettuce - eating like a bloomin' rabbit at the moment!!! - hubby's starting to look very nervous!!!

Guess my body's just stocking up as the mortgage won't stretch to it once we get there!!!
Old Jul 18th 2005, 5:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Strange you should ask about lettuce - eating like a bloomin' rabbit at the moment!!! - hubby's starting to look very nervous!!!
sounds like you shouldn't be eating that sort of cheese for the next few months Nip down to Boots - think the testers cost about a tenner
Old Jul 18th 2005, 5:22 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
sounds like you shouldn't be eating that sort of cheese for the next few months Nip down to Boots - think the testers cost about a tenner
Hmmm.....got a taste for coal as well?
Old Jul 18th 2005, 5:26 pm
Jammy Dodger

lordy, lordy - NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Three of the blighters is more than enough - never mind the two 2-year olds I childmind every day

No - I just like cheese..

and lettuce...

Old Jul 18th 2005, 6:25 pm
Merlot

lordy, lordy - NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Three of the blighters is more than enough - never mind the two 2-year olds I childmind every day

No - I just like cheese..

and lettuce...

I found that snooping around deli's you got some lovely cheeses (and occasional pork pies), goes very well with the old bottle of Merlot

M

Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:07 pm
Jammy Dodger

Originally Posted by Merlot
I found that snooping around deli's you got some lovely cheeses (and occasional pork pies), goes very well with the old bottle of Merlot

M
Hee, hee - what doesn't go with a nice bottle of Merlot, or any other fruity nectar!!

Good to see you, Merlot - and even better to hear that I'll be able to indulge myself good and proper if/when we go!!!
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:18 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Guess my body's just stocking up as the mortgage won't stretch to it once we get there!!!
Thought rabbits didn't like lettuce....

Have you thought of goats'? It's certainly....tasty?
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:27 pm
Merlot

Hee, hee - what doesn't go with a nice bottle of Merlot, or any other fruity nectar!!

Good to see you, Merlot - and even better to hear that I'll be able to indulge myself good and proper if/when we go!!!
Go the wine

Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:41 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Who wants to eat cheese thats had copper wire pulled through it just to make it oxidise and turn mouldy anyway?????? :scared: eeeeewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

Nev.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:44 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by redlion
Who wants to eat cheese thats had copper wire pulled through it just to make it oxidise and turn mouldy anyway?????? :scared: eeeeewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

Nev.
Now that has put me off

Old Jul 18th 2005, 10:02 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Floss, just about any half decent supermarket or deli will have a range of blue cheeses, more than you could ever wish for - everything from Stilton to Gorgonzola to St Agur. The only cheese you cant get here are the unpasturised ones, anything else is available, either homegrown or imported.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:28 pm
ABCDiamond

I've found that most supermarkets here have cheese in at least two different places.

The basic cheeses are in the normal dairy section, the $6-$8 per kilo for the pre-packed everyday cheeses.

Then in the Deli you get the "specials" eg: Red Leicester for about $25 per kilo.

It's there, but you may not eat as much of it as you used too.

PS: The cheese question is anything but "trivial" on here

Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

PS: The cheese question is anything but "trivial" on here
Just don't be taken in by the pre-packed stuff that is sold as "tasty" or even "extra tasty" - it equates to "fairly mild" as UK cheese goes......and as for the normal stuff, its not worth the space it uses up in the fridge.
You can get decent stuff, just might have to look for it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.