tricky question

Old Mar 6th 2005, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Desperate 2 Go is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tricky question

I know i should post this on the immigration forum but theres always more people on this site so here goes.
My husbands trade is not listed on the skills list but his skills are an exact match for that of a toolmaker (60points) Does this mean he can apply as a toolmaker? on the tra website it say "all applicants will be considered against all trades"
Any ideas?
Thanx (again)
Old Mar 6th 2005, 8:46 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tricky question

Originally Posted by Desperate 2 Go
I know i should post this on the immigration forum but theres always more people on this site so here goes.
My husbands trade is not listed on the skills list but his skills are an exact match for that of a toolmaker (60points) Does this mean he can apply as a toolmaker? on the tra website it say "all applicants will be considered against all trades"
Any ideas?
Thanx (again)
Hi, well I'm not an expert and I'm not a toolmaker but here goes anyway.
If your hubbys skills match that of a toolmaker, I would apply as one, provided you have enough evidence to back it up. TRA will assess against all trades. If you search the other forum you'll find people have applied for one trade and ended up being assessed for something else.
Marie
Old Mar 6th 2005, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Any ideas?
Thanx (again)
Hi Desperatetogo,

What area are you thinking of moving to? My husband designs for the plastics industry & they are hard-up for proper toolmakers.

Anyhow, your husband should get his current employer to write a list of his duties and skills on company letterhead & sign it, I wrote the thing for my husband and he just took it in to work on a floppy to get it printed & signed by his employer. It needs to list his duties, experience, on and off the job training he's received.

Go to this site and look under toolmaker to see exactly what they are looking for in this job & make sure he covers all areas in his application. Remember that they're not going to take it on good faith that he's done everything required for the job, he has to prove it without a doubt.

http://jobsearch.gov.au

Best to you!

Last edited by G'Day; Mar 6th 2005 at 10:05 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info it a big help. We arehoping to go to Adelaide as we have friends there. All this TRA stuffs a nightmare and we havn't even got the damn form in yet!
Thanks again
xx
Old Mar 7th 2005, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Thanks for the info it a big help. We arehoping to go to Adelaide as we have friends there. All this TRA stuffs a nightmare and we havn't even got the damn form in yet!
Thanks again
xx
Pity, the job's in Melbourne and hubby says they're pretty desperate for someone as they've been advertising for ages. They pay good money too! Just seems there's a desperate skills shortage in toolmakers in Melb at the moment.

It's a plastics company who design & manufacture. They subcontract to Holden & Ford who keep on stealing their guys away as soon as they know the ropes. It was a totally new field for my husband, but they offered him top dollar & waited patiently for him to learn the ropes since he knew the software inside out. Currently moving to UG after using IDEAS.

Find out if he's interested & let me know, I'll PM you the MD's e-mail address.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Hi G,Day
At the moment we're open to anything so that would be great.
Thanks
HilaryX
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Hi G,Day
At the moment we're open to anything so that would be great.
Thanks
HilaryX
I dont believe it!!!........ Give me back my name
Old Mar 7th 2005, 2:33 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desperate2go
See, I did tell you! desperate2go, that's how I introduced myself to Desperate 2 Go - i.e. by saying I had conversed with someone of a very similar name! (They don't get much closer!)

Look on it this way - I am sure you would agree that your two great minds think alike!

Binbird
Old Mar 7th 2005, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by desperate2go
Im so sorry I did look all over the forum to c if any1 had chose that name but didnt c it.
Anyway, How far on with your application r u? We're just starting out.
Soz bout the name is there any way to change mine or maybe i could re-register
Hilaryxx :scared:
Old Mar 7th 2005, 3:15 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Just make sure your husband's job title on the reference matches the TRA one (i.e. toolmaker) as this is what caused us to fail last time! (We applied under toolmaker)

This time round we've put his job title and in brackets (also known as Metal Machinist 1st Class) which hopefully should do the trick.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Wink Re: tricky question

Im so sorry I did look all over the forum to c if any1 had chose that name but didnt c it.
Anyway, How far on with your application r u? We're just starting out.
Soz bout the name is there any way to change mine or maybe i could re-register
Hilaryxx :scared:
Hi Hilary

Im a pre july applicant so have been waiting forever
Im in the final stages now though, have had meds done am just waiting for my police check to be returned to me then i will post it off.
Good luck with yours......Im not sure about changing names dont know if it can be done without re registering. Its not a problem ....could just get a bit confusing for everyone thats all This must be what it feels like to have a twin
Welcome to the forum

Rachelx