Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travelling to UK COVID requirements - Heathrow direct to Wales/Scotland/NI

Travelling to UK COVID requirements - Heathrow direct to Wales/Scotland/NI

Old Nov 2nd 2021, 5:45 am
Just Joined

cwtchmuch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling to UK COVID requirements - Heathrow direct to Wales/Scotland/NI

Has anyone had any luck in clarifying appropriate COVID traveller rules to follow when entering the UK via London (Heathrow), but wanting to travel direct to Wales, Scotland or NI straight away via road or train?

I’m living in Australia and looking to travel to my parents in Wales immediately after landing in Heathrow. Any idea if I’d need to follow rules for travelling into England (as country I’d fly into) or Wales (as country I want to immediately travel to and stay in for whole duration of my UK stay)? I understand both England and Wales have similar requirements in terms of ‘all good to go’ following a negative lateral flow test on Day 2 if fully vaccinated - so in essence, it seems to boil down to whether I’d need to spend a few days in a hotel in England for the test & the all clear, or whether I could/should instead do that at home in Wales.

Enquiries to the UK Consulate in Aus have been met with zero clarification.

Context: I’m a dual citizen living in Aus but terribly eager to get back to visit my parents in Wales. They each live alone, I haven’t been able to get to them for near 2 years from AUS and (as I’m sure is the case for many of you with family in UK) I’m so desperate to see them.

My apologies if the same type of query has been posted before.
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 6:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling to UK COVID requirements - Heathrow direct to Wales/Scotland/NI

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...hrough-england

“Travelling on within the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands and Isle of Man

If you will be travelling on to Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Channel Island or the Isle of Man, you must follow the rules for testing and quarantine in those places.”

HTH and welcome to BE.
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 9:38 am
Just Joined

cwtchmuch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travelling to UK COVID requirements - Heathrow direct to Wales/Scotland/NI

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

“Travelling on within the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands and Isle of Man

If you will be travelling on to Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Channel Island or the Isle of Man, you must follow the rules for testing and quarantine in those places.”

HTH and welcome to BE.
Thank you, Christmasoompa.
Panic research must’ve seen me dazed & confused there. Good to know that we can head on to Wales etc & test there.
Thanks for the welcome!
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 11:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cwtchmuch
Thank you, Christmasoompa.
Panic research must’ve seen me dazed & confused there. Good to know that we can head on to Wales etc & test there.
Thanks for the welcome!
No problem! There's still a lot of rules to get to grips with, and they do seem to change every 5 mins.