Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel to Northern Cyprus

Travel to Northern Cyprus

Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:35 pm

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Travel to Northern Cyprus

Can anyone advise the best way to get there?
Has anyone here travelled this route before?
Thanks.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel to Northern Cyprus

Originally Posted by gedge
Can anyone advise the best way to get there?
Has anyone here travelled this route before?
Thanks.
I imagine you'd have to go Istanbul and change there. There are quite a few airlines that go there and then hop on a local flight. Either that or fly to Athens but then you'd have to land in Paphos or Larnaca and cross the border which is a pain in the butt.

Tough flight to do, hope you're ok and your mum is holding up.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I imagine you'd have to go Istanbul and change there. There are quite a few airlines that go there and then hop on a local flight. Either that or fly to Athens but then you'd have to land in Paphos or Larnaca and cross the border which is a pain in the butt.

Tough flight to do, hope you're ok and your mum is holding up.
i didn't know whether to fly to the uk and get a flight back
i'm trying to see if i can bring my flight forward a couple of weeks

thanks Pen
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:29 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

i didn't know whether to fly to the uk and get a flight back
i'm trying to see if i can bring my flight forward a couple of weeks

thanks Pen
Would it be a better option for you to try and change the flights to the UK to asap and then you can get a flight to Cyprus from there? Would it be feasible to all leave a couple of weeks early? Or would you have to return here anyway?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:04 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

You can't fly direct from UK to Northern Cyprus (at least you couldn't last summer). You had to change in Turkey.
You can fly direct to the south and drive through Nicosea (sic?) BUT you can't take hire cars through the border.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Gedge
If you want to go direct from here, I think your best bet would be to fly to Istanbul (Emirates, Singapore & Malaysia all fly there) and then get a flight to Ercan from Istanbul. There are many flights from Istanbul such as Turkish Airlines, Cyprus Turkish Airlines and Atlas.

http://www.atlasjet.com/
http://www.kthy.net/

If you need any help, please PM me as I can speak the lingo and can help checking out any websites etc.

Good Luck
Dbes
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by debsy
Gedge
If you want to go direct from here, I think your best bet would be to fly to Istanbul (Emirates, Singapore & Malaysia all fly there) and then get a flight to Ercan from Istanbul. There are many flights from Istanbul such as Turkish Airlines, Cyprus Turkish Airlines and Atlas.

http://www.atlasjet.com/
http://www.kthy.net/

If you need any help, please PM me as I can speak the lingo and can help checking out any websites etc.

Good Luck
Dbes
thanks Debs,much appreciated
don't really know if i'll go or not yet, too much to think about
but trying to be ready if i do decide to go
we were meant to be flying to the UK in 2 weeks time anyway, gosh this is a mess
thanks again, Chris
Old Apr 26th 2008, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

thanks Debs,much appreciated
don't really know if i'll go or not yet, too much to think about
but trying to be ready if i do decide to go
we were meant to be flying to the UK in 2 weeks time anyway, gosh this is a mess
thanks again, Chris
Chris
You can also fly from the UK with KTHY (Cyprus Turkish)

Regards
Debs