Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance for Reccie

Travel Insurance for Reccie

Old Jul 11th 2006, 12:55 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Post Travel Insurance for Reccie

Looking at the various companies who do travel insurance and don't know which one to go for, alot of people on here have used Walkabout for emmigrating but for a single trip they are the most expensive at £104 for family of 4, Argos are the cheapest at £69.34, others that I have looked at are Post office and insure & go. Can anyone give their suggestions as to who to go with and who you have used - they all offer roughly the same coverage. Also is there anyone you wouldnt recommend.

Thanks in advance.
Clairex
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Insurance for Reccie

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Looking at the various companies who do travel insurance and don't know which one to go for, alot of people on here have used Walkabout for emmigrating but for a single trip they are the most expensive at £104 for family of 4, Argos are the cheapest at £69.34, others that I have looked at are Post office and insure & go. Can anyone give their suggestions as to who to go with and who you have used - they all offer roughly the same coverage. Also is there anyone you wouldnt recommend.

Thanks in advance.
Clairex
If you're just doing a reccie, any insurance will do presumably. For the one way journey we used Go Walkabout because they were the only ones to cover our stuff for 17 days after arrival. All the others stopped cover airside of customs which is as much use as a chocolate teapot. That might have changed by now though. The last thing we wanted to think about straight off the plane was insurance
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks in advance.
Clairex
Have you looked at Tesco, Asda or any other supermarket insurances. Also what about Direct Line or any other direct Insurance Companies - they might be good deals.

I can't recommend anybody myself as I get a special insurance deal through my work but a friend did use the Post Office insurance last year and said never again - she had to claim and it was a nightmare.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:21 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search through http://www.travelsupermarket.com/Default.asp - we got annual travel insurance really cheap with decent cover through their search.

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by suzy
Have you looked at Tesco, Asda or any other supermarket insurances. Also what about Direct Line or any other direct Insurance Companies - they might be good deals.

I can't recommend anybody myself as I get a special insurance deal through my work but a friend did use the Post Office insurance last year and said never again - she had to claim and it was a nightmare.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by charles.edington
Do a search through http://www.travelsupermarket.com/Default.asp - we got annual travel insurance really cheap with decent cover through their search.

Lou
xx
I'm using:

http://www.travelinsurance.co.uk

£100 for 12 months worldwide for 2 adults and 2 children.

A colleague had to make a claim with them - quick payout, no quibble.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 8:25 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance.
Clairex
Which ever one you choose make sure it's not under written by 'AXA Insurance' as the are useless.... When our son broke his kneecap abroad they didn't even return a single call to us.... we had to sort everything, hospital tratment, transport, flights home etc... Would not touch them with a barge pole!!!!

For our reccie trip we have used Swinton Insurance....because my mom is coming with us and dad is staying at home, because of his health, we wanted to be covered from the time of booking, in case his health got worse, and they would cover us for this where lots of others wouldn't..... C x
Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:02 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Travel Insurance for Reccie

Thanks everyone for your replies, we have gone with argos travel insurance for now. Looked at ADSA but thats through Norwich Union, our life and home insurance are with them and they don't part with a penny so no going with them. Hopefully won't need it anyway but never can be too careful!
Cheers
Clairex