Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

travel insurance

travel insurance

Old May 23rd 2012, 10:07 am
Just Joined

katdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nice
Default travel insurance

hi all,

We are here in OZ on a 457 visa - so not permanent residents. We are going to the UK for a month on holiday and need travel insurance. Most reasonably priced policies only cover permanent residents. We got a couple of prices from companies who cover temp residents but the cost is btn $400/500. This is so expensive, especially compared to UK policies we used to get!! Just wondering what companies other non permanent residents have used? Thanks
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: travel insurance

None. What do you need cover for?
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:53 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
None. What do you need cover for?
Oh, I dunno, loss of luggage, flight cancellations, getting sick whilst in the UK, that kinda thing?! lololol
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of

You could just change your home contents to cover you away from home. That's what I've done - can claim up to $750 per item without having it on your policy. Airlines have to get you to destination and health should be free anyway back home?
Old May 23rd 2012, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Oh, I dunno, loss of luggage, flight cancellations, getting sick whilst in the UK, that kinda thing?! lololol
You think thats likely? Being British would she not get free medical care?
Old May 23rd 2012, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Depends where they get sick/have an accident. Breaking a leg in Singapore/kuala lumpur may pose a problem x
Old May 23rd 2012, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

benhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of light

Have a look at insure4less Travel Insurance. They insure people on 457 as well as residents and we found their prices very reasonable ($194 for a return trip to the USA for two adults).
Old May 23rd 2012, 9:27 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
You think thats likely? Being British would she not get free medical care?
Oh sorry, forgot she was a temporary resident, as a permanent resident when I travelled to the UK in March, I would have to have declared that I was no longer a UK resident so that might've affected things. I'd rather be covered personally, travelling for upwards of 30 hours, leaves a lot of scope for things to go pretty badly wrong!
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I'd rather be covered personally, travelling for upwards of 30 hours, leaves a lot of scope for things to go pretty badly wrong!
+1

Old May 24th 2012, 1:08 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
+1

I'd rather be lookin at it than for it!!!
Old May 24th 2012, 10:11 am
Just Joined

katdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nice

yea we would be covered medically etc at home but we're getting married back there and I want my dress etc covered incase it gets ruined on the flight! plus it would be good for cancellation etc! We would be stuck if something happens with flights etc!!