Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance

Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

BallBoy will become famous soon enough
Default Travel Insurance

I'm trying to sort my travel insurance out before my departure to Sydney to start my new job.

I just tried M&S online for some insurance and they asked whether I was returning to the UK and was I a permanent UK resident as a starting criteria. No on both counts. Can anyone recommend insurance just to cover flights and lost luggage till I arrive in Australia?

I'm flying out to Sydney next week. I'm in the feeling sick can't sleep mode at the moment but somewhere underneath i'm definetly excited!
May try a few brandy's

Cheers
Tim
Old Oct 14th 2008, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Travel Insurance

We arrived a few weeks ago and did not take any out lol.
Very expensive!
Shabee
x
Old Oct 14th 2008, 3:40 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BallBoy
I'm trying to sort my travel insurance out before my departure to Sydney to start my new job.

I just tried M&S online for some insurance and they asked whether I was returning to the UK and was I a permanent UK resident as a starting criteria. No on both counts. Can anyone recommend insurance just to cover flights and lost luggage till I arrive in Australia?

I'm flying out to Sydney next week. I'm in the feeling sick can't sleep mode at the moment but somewhere underneath i'm definetly excited!
May try a few brandy's

Cheers
Tim
Do a search on here for companies who provide insurance as it comes up a lot.
The Post Office do it and covers you for 17 days (from memory) at a reasonable rate.
Cheers
Old Oct 14th 2008, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

have a look (or post a thread) on the moneysavingexpert.com travel forum, bound to be some savings
Old Oct 14th 2008, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Most companies will not insure for one way-try online search. We found some, but I can't remember who it was with. I am in Sydney, so pm me if you need help or want to meet up- OH is in IT/finance in the CBD if that helps.
Caroline
good luck!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:59 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

We checked out a few places before we came out and most 'normal' travel insurance places require you to be returning to the UK for the insurance to be valid.

But we found a few places that did one way travel insurance. I can't remember which one we went with in the end but it was either Direct Travel or Go Walkabout. So give them a try.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Hi,

We went for Go Walkabout, hope that helps.

http://www.go-walkabout.co.uk/

Thanks.

M
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

BallBoy will become famous soon enough

Thanks so much for all your replies. Go walkabout have come up trumps

Regards
Tim