Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel insurance

Travel insurance

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

JoandPaulW is a jewel in the roughJoandPaulW is a jewel in the roughJoandPaulW is a jewel in the roughJoandPaulW is a jewel in the rough
Question Travel insurance

Hey all

Help - bit confused!!

We are flying out on the 3rd July and just thought about booking travel insurance to cover us for our flight.....but am bit unsure what to do as, when we get to aus, we will be staying somewhere temporarily (no idea where yet!) but we will have all our belongings with us.

If our travel insurance only covers us for the flight, and something happens after (i.e. wherever we stay gets robbed!!) then we will not have any cover to claim from! also, if we did have travel insurance to cover us for a few weeks after we get there would we be covered as we are not on holiday and not a UK resident!

Just wondering what everyone else did when they flew out??? No one in any of the insurance places i have contacted seems to have a clue & cannot advice me what to do!

Cheers

Jo
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

BecciJ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Travel insurance

Originally Posted by JoandPaulW
Hey all

Help - bit confused!!

We are flying out on the 3rd July and just thought about booking travel insurance to cover us for our flight.....but am bit unsure what to do as, when we get to aus, we will be staying somewhere temporarily (no idea where yet!) but we will have all our belongings with us.

If our travel insurance only covers us for the flight, and something happens after (i.e. wherever we stay gets robbed!!) then we will not have any cover to claim from! also, if we did have travel insurance to cover us for a few weeks after we get there would we be covered as we are not on holiday and not a UK resident!

Just wondering what everyone else did when they flew out??? No one in any of the insurance places i have contacted seems to have a clue & cannot advice me what to do!

Cheers

Jo
Hi Jo.

OH & are have booked with Go Walkabout, their emigrating insurance. With this you can get cover for 17 or 21 days so that covers us for our stopover in singapore & then a couple weeks after that. I think it was £85 for both of us

I think the post office does this insurance too.

Hope this helps
x
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

JoandPaulW is a jewel in the roughJoandPaulW is a jewel in the roughJoandPaulW is a jewel in the roughJoandPaulW is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Travel insurance

Originally Posted by BecciJ
Hi Jo.

OH & are have booked with Go Walkabout, their emigrating insurance. With this you can get cover for 17 or 21 days so that covers us for our stopover in singapore & then a couple weeks after that. I think it was £85 for both of us

I think the post office does this insurance too.

Hope this helps
x
Many thanks for this Becci - will look into it.

cheers

jo
x