Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

travel agents ball up,advice sydney

Wikiposts

travel agents ball up,advice sydney

Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:25 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default travel agents ball up,advice sydney

got a phone call at work 2day from my wife telling me that we hav'nt got a harbour view at the novatel darling harbour when we go in january,even thou we booked it 2 months ago and paid extra to be harbourside and we had to book 2 rooms because they wont let 3 children and 2 adults in 1 room.now i think the travel agent is taking the piss but not much we can do, but they have offered us rooms at the crown plaza with hardour views but we dont know anything about this hotel like how close is it to the harbour and of what standard the hotel is so if any of you guys have been there or live near by could you please tell me what you think,cheers jonni boy
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:26 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive emailed a friend at Kuoni. Ill let you know what she says!

Lucy
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:28 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

that would be great help,cheers
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:37 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: travel agents ball up,advice sydney

Originally posted by jonni boy
got a phone call at work 2day from my wife telling me that we hav'nt got a harbour view at the novatel darling harbour when we go in january,even thou we booked it 2 months ago and paid extra to be harbourside and we had to book 2 rooms because they wont let 3 children and 2 adults in 1 room.now i think the travel agent is taking the piss but not much we can do, but they have offered us rooms at the crown plaza with hardour views but we dont know anything about this hotel like how close is it to the harbour and of what standard the hotel is so if any of you guys have been there or live near by could you please tell me what you think,cheers jonni boy

Doesn't look to bad to me, This is there web site

http://darlingharbour.crowneplaza.com/
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:47 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: travel agents ball up,advice sydney

Originally posted by kala
Doesn't look to bad to me, This is there web site

http://darlingharbour.crowneplaza.com/

Look better than the novatel

http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhote...he_hotel.shtml
Old Jul 6th 2004, 6:16 am
sunny coast

think you could be right,its just the location of the novatel the last time we were in sydney we said next time we come its got to be the novatel.i think i am just pissed off because we have paid 4 grand of the holiday upto know and if we had been told from the off then we would'nt have been to bothered,but hey shit happens
Old Jul 6th 2004, 6:25 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally posted by jonni boy
think you could be right,its just the location of the novatel the last time we were in sydney we said next time we come its got to be the novatel.i think i am just pissed off because we have paid 4 grand of the holiday upto know and if we had been told from the off then we would'nt have been to bothered,but hey shit happens

Yeah it's a lot of money when you get shoved arround by them.

I'm sure you'll have a good trip anyway

Have fun
Kala
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

annb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant future

ive stayed at the crowne plaza it used to be the park royal , isnt actually in darling harbour like the novotel is you haev to walk across the bridge, the rooms overlooking the harbour are okay probably not much different to the novotel just not as good a locatin , there isnt a swimming pool at the crowne plaza either'
im a travel agent myself and i know that if i had stuffed up which it sounds like they have (they probably forgot to book it and now cant get you in there as january is peak time) i would tell them to sort it out at no cost to you, believe me the amount of money i have forked out for unsatisfied customers is shocking!! get them to put you in the grand mercure or something as that is right in darling harbour...dont let them fob you off!!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by annb
ive stayed at the crowne plaza it used to be the park royal , isnt actually in darling harbour like the novotel is you haev to walk across the bridge, the rooms overlooking the harbour are okay probably not much different to the novotel just not as good a locatin , there isnt a swimming pool at the crowne plaza either'
im a travel agent myself and i know that if i had stuffed up which it sounds like they have (they probably forgot to book it and now cant get you in there as january is peak time) i would tell them to sort it out at no cost to you, believe me the amount of money i have forked out for unsatisfied customers is shocking!! get them to put you in the grand mercure or something as that is right in darling harbour...dont let them fob you off!!
you cant beat inside info he he he
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

asfry is an unknown quantity at this point

An independant review of the Crowne Plaza can be found here:

http://www.thisistravel.co.uk/travel...in_page_id=101

and for the Novotel here:

http://www.thisistravel.co.uk/travel...in_page_id=101

In the past I have found their reviews to be extremely accurate. They are from the Gazateers Guide, which is the Holy Black book of travel agents and is kept under their desk and tells it how it is rather than Travel Agents 'BS' talk.