Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tranzsfers - What are they like?

Tranzsfers - What are they like?

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Tranzsfers - What are they like?

Hi everyone

Has anyone ever used this company to move money from Uk to Oz, or vice versa?

http://www.tranzfers.com/

If so, what are they like?

Cheers, SS
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 6:41 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Tranzsfers - What are they like?

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi everyone

Cheers, SS

Very good. No problems whatsoever. And I've done it both ways!

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 7:23 pm
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tranzsfers - What are they like?

Hi everyone

Cheers, SS

Hi SS,

My partner has used Tranzfers quite a few times to send money to NZ. No problems at all, there are no hidden costs and they are good value for what it is. They have a phone helpline I believe, if you have any queries/comments.

We are planning on using it again to transfer money to NZ before we move to Auckland.

Jen
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:45 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Used them about 20 times all without any hassle whatsoever
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Only used them once and found them excellent. They may not give the best rate but are by far the easier to open accounts with. I did it on the 'I convert' and waited until the rate went up to a massive 2.37 about a month ago. Money in my oz account the next day.

Jo
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:07 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Used them probably 6 times: the only problem was because I input my Aussie account number as the customer number and the payment went astray. My fault. Tranzfers were excellent, phoned me Oz-UK several times while sorting it out, and assured me that I wasn't the first and won't be the last to do it!
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:58 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

They were great. Only 7 quid for the transaction which is good.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 12:37 am
Coogee Rocks

there good.

Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Thats excellent, thanks everyone.

I thought I would be stuck having to get Westpac to do it - they only allow $5k a day unless you open a Business Account, and that could get complicated.

Trazfers seems ideal.

I'll open an account soon I think.

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

The guy from tranzfers told me if you use their sister site ozforex that there is no charge. Exchange rates look the same also.

Originally Posted by renth
They were great. Only 7 quid for the transaction which is good.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

I've used them a couple of times now. The rate they gave me was almost 2 cents better than both HIFX and Currency Solutions.

Placed my order on a Thursday. Got my bank (Barclays same as theirs in the UK) to transfer the money to their account and when I checked my ANZ account the next day the funds were already there.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good stuff...they sound ideal, especially as they can move money from Oz to the UK.

SS
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:46 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

If you do open a tranzfers account please be kind and give me brownie points, I only need 1 more brownie point for my ipod shuffle ;-)

go on... pretty please....

http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=ijcollins

By the way in return for registering as a referral here are your other options that Ive researched

1) Natwest bank - if you ahve an account at natwest it is zero extra charge on top of their inter-bank (very good) rate to use a natwest visa card abroad , this is possibly the best deal no matter how big a transfer or how small..

2) HIFX - Hifx are ok but you have to register with them and its pretty onerous, plus their trading is all on phone so you have to actually speak to a broker to do the trade ( you do get to say 'buy buy buy' wihch is good fun in a gordon gecko kinda way but a pain if you want to work on the net ). HIFX are in Sydney and UK , if you are in UK you must register in UK, if you are in Aus you must register in Aus you cannot transfer registration because of trading rules in the exchanges. www.hifx.com .The process is quite drawn out and involves faxing signed forms.

3) Ozforex - as above they're pretty good , online, and like tranzfers. www.ozforex.com

4) Tranzfers - 7 pounds for a trade, all done on line, good rates, ultra reliable and very quick indeed. Their support is superb if you do have to ophone them and ask them for help. Specify destination bank accounts (and save more than one on the profile so you just have to click to use again). They use barclays in UK so if you have a barclays account in UK its even quicker.

There are other people who trade but these are the most popular. I have used HIFX and Tranzfers, Tranzfers I now use all the time.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spalen
If you do open a tranzfers account please be kind and give me brownie points, I only need 1 more brownie point for my ipod shuffle ;-)

go on... pretty please....

http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=ijcollins

By the way in return for registering as a referral here are your other options that Ive researched

1) Natwest bank - if you ahve an account at natwest it is zero extra charge on top of their inter-bank (very good) rate to use a natwest visa card abroad , this is possibly the best deal no matter how big a transfer or how small..

2) HIFX - Hifx are ok but you have to register with them and its pretty onerous, plus their trading is all on phone so you have to actually speak to a broker to do the trade ( you do get to say 'buy buy buy' wihch is good fun in a gordon gecko kinda way but a pain if you want to work on the net ). HIFX are in Sydney and UK , if you are in UK you must register in UK, if you are in Aus you must register in Aus you cannot transfer registration because of trading rules in the exchanges. www.hifx.com .The process is quite drawn out and involves faxing signed forms.

3) Ozforex - as above they're pretty good , online, and like tranzfers. www.ozforex.com

4) Tranzfers - 7 pounds for a trade, all done on line, good rates, ultra reliable and very quick indeed. Their support is superb if you do have to ophone them and ask them for help. Specify destination bank accounts (and save more than one on the profile so you just have to click to use again). They use barclays in UK so if you have a barclays account in UK its even quicker.

There are other people who trade but these are the most popular. I have used HIFX and Tranzfers, Tranzfers I now use all the time.
No worries mate...I have just done it using your name as a referral...so enjoy the iPOD

I tried registering last night but the website was down....and I tried it this morning using your link, and hey presto, I now have an account and you have a shuffle.

SS

Last edited by SuperSeagulls; Oct 5th 2005 at 6:44 am.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

No worries mate...I have just done it using your name as a referral...so enjoy the iPOD

I tried registering last night but the website was down....and I tried it this morning using your link, and hey presto, I now have an account and you have a shuffle.

From what I read I need look no further than Trazfers....

SS
Me again....I just read the small print. I dont think you will get your shuffle until I make my first transfer. This will be at the end of November..so you should get it for Xmas

SS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.