Reload this Page >

Transsexuals and immigration

Wikiposts

Transsexuals and immigration

Old Oct 8th 2006, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

littlescott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transsexuals and immigration

Seeing at there are a lot of people on this forum then I though that just maybe...are their any trans folk out there? A propsective immigrant I know is a female to male transsexual and although the sex change thing is all done and dusted many years ago, he worries that having to reveal his old name/old life/ old gender to the DIMIA will give them grounds for refusing him. They probably couldnt officially refuse for that reason - but Im not too confident about the Howard government's commitment to equality here - Id appreciate knowing if any transsexuals have gone through the immigation progress ...
cheers
Old Oct 8th 2006, 11:33 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transsexuals and immigration

I'm sorry, am not a transexual and don't know of any that have gone through the immigration journey - but then again sometimes you just can't tell!
I'm sure it would have to be reveiled at least at the meds stage as they would have to give their medical history - not sure about the visa application because we are 457 which is different.
I wouldn't imagine that it would make any difference though!
Tracey
Old Oct 8th 2006, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
I'm sorry, am not a transexual and don't know of any that have gone through the immigration journey - but then again sometimes you just can't tell!
I'm sure it would have to be reveiled at least at the meds stage as they would have to give their medical history - not sure about the visa application because we are 457 which is different.
Tracey
I agree. I dont see why it would make any difference if he has the knowledge and skill required for immigration. Good luck to him and let us know how he gets on.
Lou
Old Oct 8th 2006, 11:52 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlescott
Seeing at there are a lot of people on this forum then I though that just maybe...are their any trans folk out there? A propsective immigrant I know is a female to male transsexual and although the sex change thing is all done and dusted many years ago, he worries that having to reveal his old name/old life/ old gender to the DIMIA will give them grounds for refusing him. They probably couldnt officially refuse for that reason - but Im not too confident about the Howard government's commitment to equality here - Id appreciate knowing if any transsexuals have gone through the immigation progress ...
cheers

Hopefully one of the Immigration Lawyers will pick this up and give you the definitive...

R
Old Oct 9th 2006, 5:37 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlescott
cheers
Dear LS,

We have case like this at the moment. I think the major additional issues are in identity and health, however I don't think that your friend needs to worry unduly, since this is the country which gave Priscilla to the world :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Oct 9th 2006, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Tracey
Hi nightnurse is that a freudian slip or should it have said revealed rather than, nearly, Reviled?