Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transporting music collection

Transporting music collection

Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:38 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transporting music collection

Like most people on here all our 'stuff' will be going in the container and will be without it for a while when we arrive. The thing that I was going to miss most was our music collection - I love listening to music when doing the housework, typing on the computer and lots of other things! However, we had previously put all of our music collection onto the IPod. Today the other half went out and bought a BOSE soundock. FANTASTIC. The sound quality is second to none. We can now take all our music with us on the plane as all you have is the IPod and a small speaker!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:41 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transporting music collection

Originally Posted by Vanessa
However, we had previously put all of our music collection onto the IPod. Today the other half went out and bought a BOSE soundock. FANTASTIC. The sound quality is second to none. We can now take all our music with us on the plane as all you have is the IPod and a small speaker!
Good stuff. I'm the same, need music everywhere! We'll be taking a laptop as hand luggage so I'm planning on ripping the majority of my CDs to MP3 and burning them all to a DVD that I can play on the laptop. I reckon I'll be able to get about 2000 songs on a DVD!

Oh, and my moby phone plays MP3s too
Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:51 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a Philips Jukebox for my birthday (similar to an ipod) and it's fantastic - holds 10,000 songs so my entire CD collection!!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by bridiej
I got a Philips Jukebox for my birthday (similar to an ipod) and it's fantastic - holds 10,000 songs so my entire CD collection!!

Can you get a docking station for it? If you can then buy one as the sound quality is fantastic.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:55 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I really should get rid of this Gramaphone shouldn't I.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
I really should get rid of this Gramaphone shouldn't I.

Do they have the Antiques Roadshow in Aus?
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:07 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Do they have the Antiques Roadshow in Aus?

I am the antique.

So my fellow Ex Pats over here tell me.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Said it before I could
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

BillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant future

Following on from this, I have a large collection of CDRs, am I going to have any problem putting them in the container?

Bill
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:24 am

Can you get a docking station for it? If you can then buy one as the sound quality is fantastic.
Hadnt thought of that!! I'll look into it!
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:57 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Transporting music collection

Originally Posted by BillBart1
Following on from this, I have a large collection of CDRs, am I going to have any problem putting them in the container?

Bill
No they should all fit in there OK, they are quite big ! ! !

R.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Carruss
No they should all fit in there OK, they are quite big ! ! !

R.

LOL!