Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transporting a Cat to Australia

Transporting a Cat to Australia

Old Jul 1st 2019, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Both Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant future
Default Transporting a Cat to Australia

Hi Everyone
I need to transport my cat urgently from the Uk to Melbourne (I am in Glasgow) by the 11th July-I want to send him as cargo unaccompanied on a flight-does anyone know what the cheapest airline that does this or who does it?
Old Jul 1st 2019, 3:24 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transporting a Cat to Australia

Originally Posted by Both Worlds
Hi Everyone
I need to transport my cat urgently from the Uk to Melbourne (I am in Glasgow) by the 11th July-I want to send him as cargo unaccompanied on a flight-does anyone know what the cheapest airline that does this or who does it?
I'm sorry but you're not going to be able to import your cat into Oz within that time frame. You need to allow 20 days just to get an import permit processed, and there are other steps to complete as well. See this link for a step by step guide Category 3: step by step guide for cats
Old Jul 1st 2019, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Both Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm sorry but you're not going to be able to import your cat into Oz within that time frame. You need to allow 20 days just to get an import permit processed, and there are other steps to complete as well. See this link for a step by step guide Category 3: step by step guide for cats
Yes i have already done the permit and my wife is already in melbourne and has booked the quarantine place..i just need to get a what airlines will ship as cargo in the hold-and to get him over by the 12th july or a bit later if necessary-- if possible..the vet will do the last check 5 days before flight
Old Jul 1st 2019, 3:35 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes i have already done the permit and my wife is already in melbourne and has booked the quarantine place..i just need to get a what airlines will ship as cargo in the hold-and to get him over by the 12th july or a bit later if necessary-- if possible..the vet will do the last check 5 days before flight
Oh, right. You might have to just check the websites of individual airlines. The only airline I've had experience with is Emirates, flying our dog from Perth to the UK. He was flown in a separate, temperature controlled section of the cargo hold.
Old Jul 1st 2019, 6:07 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I think with that tight a timeline I'd be contacting a pet moving company, they'll have the knowledge and their favourite airlines to use, they'll know the best transit airports and times too. IME (used professionals for Singapore to Sydney and just recently Sydney to Vancouver) they're well worth the fee. So many horror stories, I don't advise just looking for the cheapest option.
Old Jul 1st 2019, 11:08 pm
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.petairuk.com/how-does-it-work ......never used them myself but have heard of them as I'm in the airline industry. They are the company BA use in general.

https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...pets/global/en
https://www.etihadcargo.com/en-ae/pr...veanimals.html
https://www.emirates.com/au/english/help/pets.aspx

https://www.jetpets.com.au/......if you get stuck, contact this company who I see around the airport and they maybe able to advise you if they have contacts in the UK.
https://www.pettravel.com/index.cfm ..... maybe helpful.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that-i didnt realise u had to have a pet courier service in uk ......in australia u dont
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 9:42 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that-i didnt realise u had to have a pet courier service in uk ......in australia u dont
I don't know if you HAVE to (I've never done it from the UK), I did suggest it might be worth doing as time is tight. Let us know how you go - it's useful info for others.
Old Jul 6th 2019, 6:17 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

You don’t send a CAT to Australia, the cat expects Australia to come to it.