Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transport company for interstate move recommedation?

Transport company for interstate move recommedation?

Old Sep 28th 2009, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice
Default Transport company for interstate move recommedation?

Has anyone moved interstate in Australia? If so which moving company did you use for your move?

I might be moving from regional to regional but will not be moving a whole house probably only 10 to 15 packed boxes and I also need to move a car as well.

Any recommedations on the transport companies you have used? I had a look at a few on google but it seems door to door ceva logistic has the cheapest by almost $1.5k less than the others just for moving a car interstate...have I missed something?
Old Sep 28th 2009, 2:08 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transport company for interstate move recommedation?

Originally Posted by looky
Has anyone moved interstate in Australia? If so which moving company did you use for your move?

I might be moving from regional to regional but will not be moving a whole house probably only 10 to 15 packed boxes and I also need to move a car as well.

Any recommedations on the transport companies you have used? I had a look at a few on google but it seems door to door ceva logistic has the cheapest by almost $1.5k less than the others just for moving a car interstate...have I missed something?
When I took my car up to Nth Qld from Victoria it was about $2.5k door to door (employer paid so this is roughly what they said it cost them ie net of GST). The car can not have any personal items in it. Most if not all transport companies policy and theft is apparently rampant so avoid loose change, removable Sat navs or CD's etc.

Out of interest which region to region move is it?

Have you considered driving yourself? or seeing if anyone wants to drive ie backpackers
Old Oct 31st 2009, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

MaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really nice

Looky, how did you go with your move, any suggestions on a company to move everything, including our car?

We are moving from perth to melbourne.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Our aussie neighbors moved from Melbourne to Brisbane and they said the cheapest way to move stuff was by freight train, so this may be worth looking into.
Wridgeways seem to be quite a large removal company that i have never heard many negatives about, if they have a depot near you it may be worth getting a quote from them.
Good Luck with everything
Cal x
Old Oct 31st 2009, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

We used Grace Removals from NSW to Perth. You can get an online quote here
http://www.grace.com.au/moving/distance/index.asp

still able to negotiate a better price on the phone,

Should be cheaper going east as the containers on the trains aren't full