Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

transfer of money to oz bank accounts etc

transfer of money to oz bank accounts etc

Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default transfer of money to oz bank accounts etc

Hi guys i have been using hifx for sometime now to transfer money over to my oz bank account to keep it active,well until i finally move over,but today when i called them they only do a certain amount,i used to do small amounts and there was no transfer fee charged,probably cause it was into the rate given,but they are saying now that they dont do small amounts anymore and only large sums.
Is there anyone else online that does this in small amounts,and maybe with no transfer fees,or if there is with very little transfer fee,i suppose i have my own bank but im sure they would rip me off in charges to transfer money over,i just wanna keep sending money into the account until i get there and keep it active.
can anyone help me on this
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: transfer of money to oz bank accounts etc

Originally Posted by brian.w
Hi guys i have been using hifx for sometime now to transfer money over to my oz bank account to keep it active,well until i finally move over,but today when i called them they only do a certain amount,i used to do small amounts and there was no transfer fee charged,probably cause it was into the rate given,but they are saying now that they dont do small amounts anymore and only large sums.
Is there anyone else online that does this in small amounts,and maybe with no transfer fees,or if there is with very little transfer fee,i suppose i have my own bank but im sure they would rip me off in charges to transfer money over,i just wanna keep sending money into the account until i get there and keep it active.
can anyone help me on this
try www.tranzfers.com
Old Oct 30th 2009, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Is this about the only one out there who is cheapest and best?checked my own bank and is more and other bank even more,god why did hifx change there ways,was very handy and free too.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 3:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
Is this about the only one out there who is cheapest and best?checked my own bank and is more and other bank even more,god why did hifx change there ways,was very handy and free too.
Dunno to be honest. I've never even considered HIFX beause Tranzfers have always been really good for me. I've been using them fro 10 yeras and have never been tempted to go elsewhere.
Banks will generally cost more.
Tranzfers charge $15/£7 per transaction, regardless of the amount you move. Do a search on here for similar threads, and if you are going to use tranzfers also have a look for posts by mgilmour, he is their MD and is very good at responding to queries posted on here.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 8:35 pm
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Another one to consider is xetrade.com - they do small amounts, literally a pound or two if necessary.

I use them for my business and personally. For AU / GBP transactions there is no per transaction fee and on a trade yesterday for £1500 the exchange rate was about $45 better than through HSBC.