Reload this Page >

Transfer from British Army to ADF

Transfer from British Army to ADF

Old Oct 16th 2016, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

emmylou123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transfer from British Army to ADF

Hi

Just looking for a bit of advice. My bf has been offered to transfer to the ADF next year to Sydney. Just wondering if anyone had done the same and could offer any advice for partners (what's it like over there, prospects of getting a job (I'm a primary school teacher), things to do etc.) We haven't 100% decided yet, but I think we are going to accept, just wanted someone to talk to about it from a partner's perspective.

Thanks
Old Oct 16th 2016, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfer from British Army to ADF

Originally Posted by emmylou123
Hi

Just looking for a bit of advice. My bf has been offered to transfer to the ADF next year to Sydney. Just wondering if anyone had done the same and could offer any advice for partners (what's it like over there, prospects of getting a job (I'm a primary school teacher), things to do etc.) We haven't 100% decided yet, but I think we are going to accept, just wanted someone to talk to about it from a partner's perspective.

Thanks
Would very much depend where. Is it Holsworthy area?
Old Oct 16th 2016, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Yes it's Holsworthy area
Old Oct 16th 2016, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's Holsworthy area
Well, it's better than Moss Side
Old Oct 16th 2016, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a 4 year trained teacher? If not then you won't be able to teach. Even if you are 4 year trained, there is a huge surplus of primary teachers in places that people actually want to live so chances are you won't get anything permanent anyway (not that Holsworthy is a hugely desirable place to live but there will probably be other service partners with Australian experience currently in the system who will have preference for places in schools).

Is it just for the year or a permanent transfer? If it is just a year then don't quit your current job and be open to take any work if, indeed, you want to work at all. As to what to see - well, Australia is a huge place, take your pick
Old Oct 17th 2016, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Hi, thank you for your reply I have a 3 year degree in business, a masters in marketing and a pgce in primary. It's a permanent transfer over there. I did see it's really competitive for primary positions but I'd only want to do part time and I don't mind I'd it's temporary
Old Oct 17th 2016, 11:39 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Without answering, I'll touch up on one thing, you say he's your boyfriend, no mention of defacto. Have you two been living together as if not, adding you to his visa will be a non starter
Old Oct 17th 2016, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
We used to have a primary school teacher that moved with her partner after he got lateral transfer, she doesn't post these days though. Anyway she seemed to have some success in picking up relief teaching work, but I also got the impression she was extremely proactive and had loads of energy and a huge personality. After a year or two though, she gave teaching up, I am not sure if it was anything to do with the nature and availability of work or whether she just wanted a change. A career change is definitely something primary teachers making the move will need to think about.
Old Oct 18th 2016, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Nicky_25_00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Can I ask who has offered your partner a transfer? My hubby is in the RAF and we are looking at moving to OZ, he is due to leave British forces Feb 2019, he will have completed 22 years. We're just looking into our options at the moment. Thanks and good luck xx
Old Oct 18th 2016, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
We used to have a primary school teacher that moved with her partner after he got lateral transfer, she doesn't post these days though. Anyway she seemed to have some success in picking up relief teaching work, but I also got the impression she was extremely proactive and had loads of energy and a huge personality. After a year or two though, she gave teaching up, I am not sure if it was anything to do with the nature and availability of work or whether she just wanted a change. A career change is definitely something primary teachers making the move will need to think about.
Or maybe it was more to do with the being recognised by BE members on her first day of teaching at the last school she was at.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky_25_00
Hi

Can I ask who has offered your partner a transfer? My hubby is in the RAF and we are looking at moving to OZ, he is due to leave British forces Feb 2019, he will have completed 22 years. We're just looking into our options at the moment. Thanks and good luck xx

The Australian Defence Force will have made the offer. If you google ADF RAAF Overseas Recruiting (or similar) it will bring up the appropriate defence jobs website which will give you a place to start
Old Oct 19th 2016, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Nicky_25_00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
The Australian Defence Force will have made the offer. If you google ADF RAAF Overseas Recruiting (or similar) it will bring up the appropriate defence jobs website which will give you a place to start
Thankyou so much! Will do x
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Gunner91 has a reputation beyond reputeGunner91 has a reputation beyond reputeGunner91 has a reputation beyond reputeGunner91 has a reputation beyond reputeGunner91 has a reputation beyond reputeGunner91 has a reputation beyond reputeGunner91 has a reputation beyond reputeGunner91 has a reputation beyond reputeGunner91 has a reputation beyond reputeGunner91 has a reputation beyond reputeGunner91 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks

There is also a facebook page for military personal who have or are in the process of transferring to the ADF, just search Aussie OLT's on Facebook.
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gunner91
There is also a facebook page for military personal who have or are in the process of transferring to the ADF, just search Aussie OLT's on Facebook.
Thank you I've asked to join it. The offers also been changed to Townsville now.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 2:22 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I've never understood this desire to serve in another nation's military

What happen's if there's war? Are you prepared to die for their cause?

I served my country and that's it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.