Train drivers

Old Jun 19th 2010, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

paulfurse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Train drivers

Hi
Im new to British.Expats.com and the reason Ive joined is that I have been trying like hell to find a train company in Australia that would be willing to take me on and sponsor me to work for them. I've applied for lots of jobs but no one seems interested in taking people on and sponsoring them. Can anyone help?

Paul
Old Jun 19th 2010, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

djssgb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Train drivers

If you are UK based and are a qualified train driver you may have just missed ARG recruiting for WA. The are interviewing now, may be worth contacting them. They will sponser you, pay for moving etc, etc.

Also New Zealand may be recruiting soon!
Old Jun 20th 2010, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info. I've sent them an email with my CV.
I'm not interested in NZ - its Australia I want!

Cheers
Old Jun 20th 2010, 12:26 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by djssgb
If you are UK based and are a qualified train driver you may have just missed ARG recruiting for WA. The are interviewing now, may be worth contacting them. They will sponser you, pay for moving etc, etc.

Also New Zealand may be recruiting soon!
Our friend and neighbour is the HR manager for this mob. She is heading over to the UK soon to recruit train drivers. Agree that it might be worth contacting them as soon as.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 12:37 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulfurse
Hi
Im new to British.Expats.com and the reason Ive joined is that I have been trying like hell to find a train company in Australia that would be willing to take me on and sponsor me to work for them. I've applied for lots of jobs but no one seems interested in taking people on and sponsoring them. Can anyone help?

Paul
I've sent you a PM Paul.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 6:30 am
Just Joined

paulfurse2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Paul, your namesake here!

QR National is the biggest rail mob over here but is currently being floated and part of that float is a commitment that no staff will be moved on for at least 3 years (i believe). As such timing may not be perfect for this I'm afraid.
Regards

Paul Furse
Old Oct 5th 2010, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8110/4.5.0.180 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Thanks Paul Furse 2! I'm still interested in making the move so if you hear of anything kindly let me know. Regards Paul Furse no. 1! P.S. I wonder.if were related? Mmmm!
Old Oct 5th 2010, 7:00 am
Just Joined

paulfurse2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably somewhere along the line...

good luck with the move!
Old Oct 5th 2010, 7:09 am
Proudly Deplorable

My friend did a recruitment drive in the UK. They are making offers to 80-odd drivers at the moment.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 11:15 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulfurse2
Probably somewhere along the line...
Boom! Boom!

Old Oct 7th 2010, 5:40 pm
mers

mers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nice

Hi I am in Adelaide working as fitter on the the suburban trains for transadelaide. They seem to keep taking on drivers. Also in Adelaide is a depot for the Ghan or overlander or indian pacific (one of them) Genesee and wyoming freight. Cootes rail, stc freight. What company are you leaving? I was with EWS and FGW, both a shower of ***t
Old Oct 7th 2010, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mers
Hi I am in Adelaide working as fitter on the the suburban trains for transadelaide. They seem to keep taking on drivers. Also in Adelaide is a depot for the Ghan or overlander or indian pacific (one of them) Genesee and wyoming freight. Cootes rail, stc freight. What company are you leaving? I was with EWS and FGW, both a shower of ***t
Hi Mers, I'd rather not say on here what company I'm intending leaving for personal reasons - they don't know yet - but they are a good company to work for. And I'm happy working there. I really want to leave the UK for good and I really like Australia.

So if you worked for FGW, where were you based? I'm only asking because my home town is Plymouth.

From my experience a lot of the cmpanies you mentioned are always taking on, but the only chance I have of a job is for a company to offer a sponsorship for trainee drivers. Most Australian train companies aren't prepared to sponsor me unfortunately.

Regards

Paul
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 4:06 am
mers

mers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nice

Hi what a small world. I started on the railway in 89 at laira Plymouth for BR then went to Transrail canton 1994-2008(ews) did a year in Aus, then returned to uk and worked for fgw at old oak common, couldn't handle the travelling or the attitude of the managers (sign it off it'll be ok) so returned to Aus April this year.

Do you know where you are lookin at living to in Aus. If you are Adelaide bound let me know I'll talk to the managers in work pm me if you like and I'll email info if I get any
Old Jul 4th 2011, 2:56 pm
CMT
Forum Regular

CMT is on a distinguished road

Hi, did you get any luck with the train driver vacancies? ARG came over to Bristol in 2008 but haven't been since to sponsor etc?

My hubby is a train driver and we would like to relocate as a family, I'm told there are positions available but I guess it's whether you take the risk of moving out there and maybe being unpemployed!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CMT
Hi, did you get any luck with the train driver vacancies? ARG came over to Bristol in 2008 but haven't been since to sponsor etc?

My hubby is a train driver and we would like to relocate as a family, I'm told there are positions available but I guess it's whether you take the risk of moving out there and maybe being unpemployed!
There are always positions available for train drivers. Plenty of mining companies are always advertising. So depends on where you want to live and what kind of conditions your OH is prepared to work under

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.