Tragedy strikes

Old May 22nd 2006, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

dolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud of
Post Tragedy strikes

My hubby lost his passport the day we got medicals request :scared: :scared: . Now he tells me after 25 days It takes 30-35 days to reissue duplicate. Thats a close shave with final date of sending med and then i have to get pcc done too. Jesus.Plz somebody give me strength to reapply tomorrow. And to go through agony of meeting deadline of 5 july. I applied dec 2005 [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]
Old May 22nd 2006, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tragedy strikes

Originally Posted by dolly123
My hubby lost his passport the day we got medicals request :scared: :scared: . Now he tells me after 25 days It takes 30-35 days to reissue duplicate. Thats a close shave with final date of sending med and then i have to get pcc done too. Jesus.Plz somebody give me strength to reapply tomorrow. And to go through agony of meeting deadline of 5 july. I applied dec 2005 [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]
Keep calm it will work out, but dont you just love um' (men)
Old May 22nd 2006, 2:37 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you fast track a passport by arranging to go to your local office?
Old May 22nd 2006, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

You can go to the passport office in Victoria and get it done in a day I think.
Old May 22nd 2006, 2:48 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
Just make sure all the paperwork is in order, and perhaps phone beforehand for an appointment? Or do they have those ticket thingy's like at supermarket deli counters?
Old May 22nd 2006, 5:03 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Hope everything goes alright for you. Timewise you should be ok but I would certainly look into going to the nearest office and maybe ringing your CO or Dima to ask for an extension and explain the circumstances. (Belt and braces doesn't hurt does it )

Loz x
Old May 22nd 2006, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
My hubby did this coz he travels with work all the time so couldn't wait.

From memory, I think he made an appointment on the website, then went along and passport was sent to the house 'within 3 days' (again from memory so worht checking their website to be sure) although in actual fact i believe it showed up the very next morning.

I did mine on the check and send deal at the post office, and that was much quicker than stated too.

There are definitely a couple of ways to ensure it comes to you asap rather than the standard proceedure. If you go to their website below it is all explained:

http://www.passport.gov.uk/index.asp
Old May 24th 2006, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

dolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Tragedy strikes

Originally Posted by suzimc
My hubby did this coz he travels with work all the time so couldn't wait.

From memory, I think he made an appointment on the website, then went along and passport was sent to the house 'within 3 days' (again from memory so worht checking their website to be sure) although in actual fact i believe it showed up the very next morning.

I did mine on the check and send deal at the post office, and that was much quicker than stated too.

There are definitely a couple of ways to ensure it comes to you asap rather than the standard proceedure. If you go to their website below it is all explained:

http://www.passport.gov.uk/index.asp
Thanx Every1. Ur support has given me a smile. Bless u all.
Old May 25th 2006, 1:16 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Canberra did a renewal on Mrs Wol's passport the same day: we had to go back to the UK unexpectedly, explained it to them over the phone and they arranged for us to be there at opening time - we picked the new one up at 2pm.
Old May 25th 2006, 1:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need the passport for the PCC though, so you can go ahead and sort that one out now.
Old May 25th 2006, 8:50 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Ask the case officer for more time to provide medicals, etc - that shouldn't be a problem - and remember to provide a certified copy of the ID page from the new passport to your case officer.

Best regards.

Old May 25th 2006, 9:18 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Slap him...and slap him hard....
Old May 25th 2006, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of

Hi,
we needed more time to get the medicals done but for a different reason, I just emailed our case officer and he emailed back within hours with a new deadline date, its wasnt a problem at all.
Hope you get it sorted out
Donna x