Reload this Page >

Trades in Sydney or Brisbane

Trades in Sydney or Brisbane

Old Sep 27th 2006, 4:59 pm
Colin Cooke

cookie69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Trades in Sydney or Brisbane

Hi,
Does anyone know what skilled trades are in demand for the Brisbane or Sydney areas?

Colin
Old Sep 30th 2006, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Trades in Sydney or Brisbane

Originally Posted by cookie69
Hi,
Does anyone know what skilled trades are in demand for the Brisbane or Sydney areas?

Colin
Hi I am in Central Queensland there is a shortage of mechanical fitters, electricians, carpenters ,and much more .Queensland is a big growth area because of the mines.there is a lot of other work that is an of shoot of this.My husband works in a central qld mine hes a hydraulic fitter but he is in a town that has houses for it's staff and there's a 5 year contract up for graps in anything to do with refurbishing houses.getting hold of a Saturday newspaper is a good way to have a look.The Morning Bulletin for Rockhampton is available on line and they are always advertising in this paper for all over QLD.If you let me know what sort of job and you find it difficult to get the Rockhampton Bulletin on line , I could help with that .
Old Sep 30th 2006, 6:18 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cookie69
Hi,

Colin
You can get a list of the skills in demand off the Oz government website in the visa section. Pete
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:53 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by by the sea side
Hi I am in Central Queensland there is a shortage of mechanical fitters, electricians, carpenters ,and much more .Queensland is a big growth area because of the mines.there is a lot of other work that is an of shoot of this.My husband works in a central qld mine hes a hydraulic fitter but he is in a town that has houses for it's staff and there's a 5 year contract up for graps in anything to do with refurbishing houses.getting hold of a Saturday newspaper is a good way to have a look.The Morning Bulletin for Rockhampton is available on line and they are always advertising in this paper for all over QLD.If you let me know what sort of job and you find it difficult to get the Rockhampton Bulletin on line , I could help with that .
Hi, what sort of wages are on offer for Mechanical Fitters in Rockhampton and what is the area like?
If possible can you post any useful websites.
Thanks

Brido
Old Sep 30th 2006, 10:28 am
Hibees Hibees

gary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nice

Hi we will be in Rockhampton/yeppoon 12th-17th Oct on our reccie so hopefully we will get paper when we are there(me f/lift driver OH hairdresser)

gaz
Old Sep 30th 2006, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brido
Hi, what sort of wages are on offer for Mechanical Fitters in Rockhampton and what is the area like?
Thanks

Brido

Try this http://www.wagenet.gov.au/WageNet/HomePage/HomePage.asp
Old Sep 30th 2006, 1:09 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wendy
Thanks
Old Sep 30th 2006, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

borolad will become famous soon enoughborolad will become famous soon enough

hi, good info. would like any info on decorating trades, ie posts available and possible wages at the moment.in and around your area
any info appreciated thanks.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by brido
Thanks

Brido
If you get a job in the mines anywhere from $120.000 to $150.000 it depends on the mine and if you are permanant or a contractor.My husband went has a contractor first then permanant.My son works has a fitter for the local meat works he gets roughly $70.000 to $80.000. He also has just got a job starting in the mines has a fitter but contracting.If you go to the mines you have to do a 3 day coourse for working in the mines cost about $300.00 to $350.00.You also have to have a medical. Some companies supply houses. If your contracting it's a dog box but your food and dog box are paid for by the company.There are contracting companies in Rocky that pay about $22.00 an hour not great really. They are always advertising for fitters at Teys the meat works and Meat holdings.
Rockhampton is called a city sorry but it is really a large country town.It is very hot but on the up side we don't have a great water problem.Rockhampton is the town of private schools there are state schools.
It doesn't have great shopping yet but you can get what you want.They are building a new shopping centre that will be finished in about 18 months time if all goes to plan!It is a very spread out place and gets lots of out of towners usually cow cockys and of course people from the mines.It isn't far from the coast.Yeppon is really nice would love to have lived there but I have a child in school and I live in town while hubbys at the mine .Gladstone is only 45 mins away it's smaller than Rocky but also has alot of jobs going.I am trying to think o f websites but I'll wait until oh comes home tomorrow he'll know more than me. I hope this is useful.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gary stewart
Hi we will be in Rockhampton/yeppoon 12th-17th Oct on our reccie so hopefully we will get paper when we are there(me f/lift driver OH hairdresser)

gaz
theres no problems with hairdresses getting work and if you have your piece of paper for f/lift driver you'll be fine.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by borolad
hi, good info. would like any info on decorating trades, ie posts available and possible wages at the moment.in and around your area
any info appreciated thanks.
I know theres work refurbishing the mines houses ,painters decorating etc I haven't got thr companies name on hand ask oh when hes home tomrrow and relay info
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

I know theres work refurbishing the mines houses ,painters decorating etc I haven't got thr companies name on hand ask oh when hes home tomrrow and relay info
nice one b,t,s,s.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

nice one b,t,s,s.
spraypainters the ones i have are lazy and wont turn up for work!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wintersgills
spraypainters the ones i have are lazy and wont turn up for work!
any painting associated with construction multi task,sack theyre sad arses
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

any painting associated with construction multi task,sack theyre sad arses
tryed that the next ones are worse u cant get good help if your willing to work hard as a contractor you will make plenty these guys just want it easy and make enough to live on and cruise through mate :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.