Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

trade certificate

trade certificate

Old Mar 11th 2004, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

lolly and pugs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default trade certificate

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I NEED A TRADE CERTIFICATE TO BE A FULLY TRAINED LORRY MECHANIC IN ADELAIDE, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE TRA, AND HAVE NOW BEEN STATE NOMINATED, WE HAD A TEXT FROM A FRIEND WHOS JUST MOVED TO MELBOURNE, SAID IT WAS A HEADACHE GETTING ONE, DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT UNTIL THEN.
I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFO,
PUGS
Old Mar 11th 2004, 5:23 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: trade certificate

Originally posted by lolly and pugs
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I NEED A TRADE CERTIFICATE TO BE A FULLY TRAINED LORRY MECHANIC IN ADELAIDE, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE TRA, AND HAVE NOW BEEN STATE NOMINATED, WE HAD A TEXT FROM A FRIEND WHOS JUST MOVED TO MELBOURNE, SAID IT WAS A HEADACHE GETTING ONE, DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT UNTIL THEN.
PUGS
hi there i`m not 100 percent certain but i think they are about 200 aus dollars but not essential for gaining employment! will have a rummage for you when i get home (printed something off previous i think) failing that i have had this discussion with a guy called arron on here previously try sending him a pm he is very approachable:scared:
Old Mar 11th 2004, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

lolly and pugs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by wengerboy
hi there i`m not 100 percent certain but i think they are about 200 aus dollars but not essential for gaining employment! will have a rummage for you when i get home (printed something off previous i think) failing that i have had this discussion with a guy called arron on here previously try sending him a pm he is very approachable:scared:
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY BUT THERE IS 3 AARONS ON THE MEMBERS LIST YOU DONT KNOW HIS SURNAME DO YOU?
Old Mar 11th 2004, 6:05 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY BUT THERE IS 3 AARONS ON THE MEMBERS LIST YOU DONT KNOW HIS SURNAME DO YOU?
hi mate not on my pc so struglin a bit try arron spelt arron in search you`ll find im straight away
Old Mar 11th 2004, 6:54 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

PUGS
Hi pugs,
You may need what is called an ARTC certificate.
Go to www.workplace.gov.au/tra ther is a downloadable application form.
There is a list of proffesions that require this certificate.
You can also contact TRA at their Sydney office(they also cover South Australia) [email protected]
One thing is certain,is that you can only apply for ARTC if you have PR.
Any problems , just PM me.

Very approachable Arron
Old Mar 11th 2004, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

bsmith1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that I was thinking/worrying over the same thing.

Do any of you know what is the ARTC entails to get issued with one- do you actually do a practical trade test /theory test or does it just "merge" all your non Australian qualifications into one neat certificate?
Im a motor mechanic /cars&vans.

And you say it is not needed to get employment-but does help to get a job.

any thoughts?
Old Mar 11th 2004, 8:57 pm
Up The Arse!!

Originally posted by Arron
Hi pugs,
You may need what is called an ARTC certificate.
Go to www.workplace.gov.au/tra ther is a downloadable application form.
There is a list of proffesions that require this certificate.
You can also contact TRA at their Sydney office(they also cover South Australia) [email protected]
One thing is certain,is that you can only apply for ARTC if you have PR.
Any problems , just PM me.

Very approachable Arron
pleased u picked that 1 up m8 now do us a favour at the weekend
Old Mar 11th 2004, 8:59 pm

Originally posted by bsmith1
Thanks for that I was thinking/worrying over the same thing.

Do any of you know what is the ARTC entails to get issued with one- do you actually do a practical trade test /theory test or does it just "merge" all your non Australian qualifications into one neat certificate?
Im a motor mechanic /cars&vans.

And you say it is not needed to get employment-but does help to get a job.

any thoughts?
Hi,
Basically, it's like doing the TRA thing all over again, proving to people you are qualified enough( only this time to gain a certificate, like a work permit).
I think iv'e used this comparison before but say you install gas appliances /heating eqpt, you may have been doing the job in UK for years, but to be legally able to do it you have to be registered with a governing body ie "corgi".

Any way, only in certain circumstances are you re-tested( except for builders/electricians etc) It is mostly done using your existing
qualifications/certificates etc, as used during your original TRA assesment.
Hope this helps.

Arron
Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:04 pm

Originally posted by wengerboy
pleased u picked that 1 up m8 now do us a favour at the weekend

Hope so WB,
It'll be a sad day for us.We're not renewing our season tickets for next year,so it will be my lads first and last chance to see a Manchester Derby first hand
Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:10 pm
Up The Arse!!

Originally posted by Arron

Hope so WB,
It'll be a sad day for us.We're not renewing our season tickets for next year,so it will be my lads first and last chance to see a Manchester Derby first hand
don`t get me started had a great nite at the arse last nite will miss 4 sure