British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Tracking your container (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/tracking-your-container-559649/)

ShoreyM Sep 5th 2008 12:05 pm

Tracking your container

Hello wise people. I remember reading on here a while ago about someone tracking their furniture along the journey. Does anyone have a link that can do this? I've googled it and the map shows it's current position in near Cherbourg, France. I can't believe this to be true as it should be approx half way by now. Was hoping to show the kids. Any ideas ?

Red_V_Roger Sep 5th 2008 12:17 pm

Re: Tracking your container

Originally Posted by ShoreyM (Post 6751910)
Hello wise people. I remember reading on here a while ago about someone tracking their furniture along the journey. Does anyone have a link that can do this? I've googled it and the map shows it's current position in near Cherbourg, France. I can't believe this to be true as it should be approx half way by now. Was hoping to show the kids. Any ideas ?

Probably the Frogs on strike again !

Do you know have the container number and the container owner e.g. P&O, Maersk etc.

We tracked our P&O Container on the Maersk shipping website as thats the vessels it was on - no map, but pretty good updates.

Nikki.P Sep 5th 2008 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by ShoreyM (Post 6751910)

yeah we shipped with Maersk and checked it via their website, the updates were pretty good.

ShoreyM Sep 5th 2008 12:24 pm

We're with Maersk too. Will check again and see if it's moved on....Thanks x

Sunbound Sep 12th 2008 4:51 pm

Someone found an independant site to track them.Cant find it either.Im not sure who our shipment is with but i know the container number.Any ideas?

Russ_Sarah Sep 12th 2008 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Sunbound (Post 6777080)
Someone found an independant site to track them.Cant find it either.Im not sure who our shipment is with but i know the container number.Any ideas?

can i ask a stupide question...?

now...i dont mean to be funny but......

why the f**k do you want to track the whereabouts of your container???

Russ_Sarah Sep 12th 2008 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Russ_Sarah (Post 6777097)
can i ask a stupide question...?

now...i dont mean to be funny but......

why the f**k do you want to track the whereabouts of your container???

appologies....i didnt realise you wanted to show the kids.

doh!!!!