Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA - what should I do ?

TRA - what should I do ?

Old Aug 1st 2003, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy TRA - what should I do ?

Help !! I thnk I am becoming extremley neurotic.

I sent off my skills assessment via Royal Mail and they managed to lose it before it even left the UK, so when it come to sending off the documents for my husbands Trade Assessment My Aunt took it with her when she returned to Australia on the 12th July and sent it registered delivery.

Unfortunately she has still not received the registration card to confirm that it has been delivered, although she is told that this is not unusual as the package went to a PO Box.

I emailed the TRA on the 24th July to try and get confirmation that the had actually received it - but I still have not had a reply.

Can anyone tell me whether the TRA actually send out acknowledgements of receipt. I do not want to wait another three months to discover that it has gone astray as well.

Has anyone any suggestions?

I am beginning to wonder if someone is trying to tell me something !!!!:scared:
Old Aug 1st 2003, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

malx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The TRA

Well,I never got any confirmation about the TRA documents that i sent,but a good idea is to check to see if the money was taken out of your account,the waiting is a bit hellish(24hr guard on the letter box)

When i sent mine away,it was by royal mail and had to be signed for as you can insure the contents for whatever they are worth.
Malx hope this can help you a bit.
Old Aug 1st 2003, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TRA - what should I do ?

Originally posted by jwinch
Help !! I thnk I am becoming extremley neurotic.

I sent off my skills assessment via Royal Mail and they managed to lose it before it even left the UK, so when it come to sending off the documents for my husbands Trade Assessment My Aunt took it with her when she returned to Australia on the 12th July and sent it registered delivery.

Unfortunately she has still not received the registration card to confirm that it has been delivered, although she is told that this is not unusual as the package went to a PO Box.

I emailed the TRA on the 24th July to try and get confirmation that the had actually received it - but I still have not had a reply.

Can anyone tell me whether the TRA actually send out acknowledgements of receipt. I do not want to wait another three months to discover that it has gone astray as well.

Has anyone any suggestions?

I am beginning to wonder if someone is trying to tell me something !!!!:scared:
we are using an agent and he had acknowledgement that the TRA had received our application, but we've had no notification other than that!
sorry i can't be of anymore help
regards
rach
Old Aug 1st 2003, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

Unfortunately I paid the money by electronic transfer so the money was deducted from my account immediately so I can't check that way
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

why not just telephone them to ask?
the number is if calling from the uk

0061 26121 7456

I have always found them extremely helpful with any questions I had and you cannot beat getting the answer straight from the horses mouth !

Good luck
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 2:44 am
Just Joined

doozer is an unknown quantity at this point

I recieved a notification of my TRA application within 3 weeks of sending it by royal mail. They then called me when there was a small problem with a former international employer which i fixed and faxed information to them. Recieved my TRA exactly 3 months after sending it. Found the staff very helpfull. Hope this helps. If you are worried you should phone them as they were very helpfull when i called. Good luck.