TRA Stress

Old Aug 24th 2006, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

UK_2_OZ is a jewel in the roughUK_2_OZ is a jewel in the roughUK_2_OZ is a jewel in the roughUK_2_OZ is a jewel in the rough
Default TRA Stress

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the forum and I just wanted to say hello and break the ice, I have just finished writing my TRA statement with it ended up being 23 pages long and taking 2 months to write as I am self employed so I am glad it is done. The next thing I have to do is get a statement from my first employer 25years ago but I am waiting for my agent to advise me further before I contact them but it all seems to be taking a long time.

All the Best

Phil K & Family
Old Aug 24th 2006, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

djfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nice
Default Re: TRA Stress

Bear with it, it will be worth it in the end

Welcome to BE
Old Aug 24th 2006, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Visa application iis a doddle after the TRA

Good luck and welcome to the forum
Old Aug 24th 2006, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

UK_2_OZ is a jewel in the roughUK_2_OZ is a jewel in the roughUK_2_OZ is a jewel in the roughUK_2_OZ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by djfbug
Bear with it, it will be worth it in the end

Welcome to BE

Thanks for the welcome and I know it will be worth the wait but I am just getting a bit frustrated as it’s my 45th birthday next June and I don’t want to miss the boat :scared:

All the best
Phil

Originally Posted by marvinc
Visa application iis a doddle after the TRA

Good luck and welcome to the forum

Many thanks for the welcome, I will be glad when the TRA is in the bag so I can relax a bit

All the best
Phil
Old Aug 24th 2006, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Good luck with it.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 1:23 pm
srd
Forum Regular

srd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nice

[My OH is a builder and self employed, the TRA took ages to sort out, we failed first time and then got through, its worth it in the end. Good luck
Old Aug 24th 2006, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TeresaG
Good luck with it.
Thanks Teresa

Originally Posted by srd
[My OH is a builder and self employed, the TRA took ages to sort out, we failed first time and then got through, its worth it in the end. Good luck
Hi, I think its much more difficult for self employed to do the TRA, did you use an agent? and if you dont mind me asking what did you fail on the first time?

All the Best
Phil
Old Aug 24th 2006, 4:40 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by UK_2_OZ
I will be glad when the TRA is in the bag so I can relax a bit

make sure you relax a lot. for me this was by far the most head wrecking. The actual application is simple. once you have the TRA you are there.

And remember, you are only telling what you do on the form. Not as if you are pretending to be a surgeon. You have the skills that they want.

sounds easy to relax but be confident.

best of luck
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

brofra is an unknown quantity at this point

I can relate to your stress and we are only in the planning stages, trying to get all the relevant certificates together and then writing up the statement. Is it necessary to get references from each employer, even from 25 years ago? Has anyone gotten through with less than 2 months TRA statement work??
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:06 pm
Tiny Member

Originally Posted by brofra
Has anyone gotten through with less than 2 months TRA statement work??

do you mean 2 months work history? If so i am sure they want your full work history in relation to your trade. As they need proof of work continuity
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tucs
make sure you relax a lot. for me this was by far the most head wrecking. The actual application is simple. once you have the TRA you are there.

And remember, you are only telling what you do on the form. Not as if you are pretending to be a surgeon. You have the skills that they want.

sounds easy to relax but be confident.

best of luck
Thanks tucs, I think that a lot of the stress is waiting for a responce from my agent as they seem to be very slow getting back

do you mean 2 months work history? If so i am sure they want your full work history in relation to your trade. As they need proof of work continuity

No, It has taken me over 2 months to write my work history including my college training that spans over 25years
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brofra
I can relate to your stress and we are only in the planning stages, trying to get all the relevant certificates together and then writing up the statement. Is it necessary to get references from each employer, even from 25 years ago? Has anyone gotten through with less than 2 months TRA statement work??
I think this depends on your type of visa and if you are self employed like me but I am sure there will be someone to answer in better detail. are you using an agent or doing it yourself ?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:46 pm
Tiny Member

I think this depends on your type of visa and if you are self employed like me but I am sure there will be someone to answer in better detail. are you using an agent or doing it yourself ?
my friend just got in and he is self employed. he got refferences from people who he works for and it wasnt a big deal
think he had to submit something from his accountant
nothing too stressful
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:49 pm
Tiny Member

Thanks tucs, I think that a lot of the stress is waiting for a responce from my agent as they seem to be very slow getting back
funny thing my SIL used an agent and they are in no hurry to get back to her either...

No, It has taken me over 2 months to write my work history including my college training that spans over 25years [/QUOTE]

took me a week to write mine. i am 39. but that week i did nothing else but TRA. so my input is to give them every bit of bull shit they want. and let them sift through what they need.

best of luck
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

funny thing my SIL used an agent and they are in no hurry to get back to her either...

took me a week to write mine. i am 39. but that week i did nothing else but TRA. so my input is to give them every bit of bull shit they want. and let them sift through what they need.

best of luck
I think most of the agents must be the same but it is frustrating, I am 44 and a self employed electronics engineer so I had to remember all my training from 1980

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.