Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA and references

TRA and references

Old Aug 7th 2005, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute
Default TRA and references

Can anybody help, my hubby has had he's first reference back and its a load of c**p, even tho he gave them an outline of what was needed, should we ask them to do another one or could we do a stat dec and move on. He was really disappointed. any info would be great..
thanx Lol
Old Aug 7th 2005, 8:08 am
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: TRA and references

Originally Posted by Keith&Lol
Can anybody help, my hubby has had he's first reference back and its a load of c**p, even tho he gave them an outline of what was needed, should we ask them to do another one or could we do a stat dec and move on. He was really disappointed. any info would be great..
thanx Lol
Most ex-bosses can't be arsed to give you a reference even though they say they will. Best thing to do is write it for them and get them to OK it. Then use a bit of their headed paper type it up for them and finally get them to sign it.
Basically you have to do it all yourself if you want the best and quickest results.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CORKER
Most ex-bosses can't be arsed to give you a reference even though they say they will. Best thing to do is write it for them and get them to OK it. Then use a bit of their headed paper type it up for them and finally get them to sign it.
Basically you have to do it all yourself if you want the best and quickest results.
Thanx for the info and a prompt reply.
Lol
Old Aug 7th 2005, 8:27 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Yep we did the same.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 8:31 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

For the last 2 most recent employers we drafted out the reference to ensure everything required was on it, and then sent it to the employer to retype on to letterhead. For the older employers we asked for a basic confirmation of start/end dates & duties, along with a copy of the job description if possible. We then backed up the older jobs with a stat dec detailing what the duties carried out on the job were, what skills were learned and what tools were used.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
For the last 2 most recent employers we drafted out the reference to ensure everything required was on it, and then sent it to the employer to retype on to letterhead. For the older employers we asked for a basic confirmation of start/end dates & duties, along with a copy of the job description if possible. We then backed up the older jobs with a stat dec detailing what the duties carried out on the job were, what skills were learned and what tools were used.
Thanx for your reply, i know you have a lot on your plate at the moment,and i am grateful you took the time, just in the middle of doing a rough draft for my hubby,as he is still in bed [his turn for a lie in today] thanx again Lol
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Simoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to all

thanx Lol
Type them an example letter and tell him that it has to be exactly like that, give it to them on disk, with any luck he will just print it off onto his headed paper and sign it.

A lot of companies will do a reference as if he was applying for a new job, but these are different as they are for a visa. I wouldn't worry about it if your husband has got references proving the last 2-3 years that are in the correct format, if this reference is relevant to that last 2-3 years then I would make them do it again.

Simone
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Simoned1
Type them an example letter and tell him that it has to be exactly like that, give it to them on disk, with any luck he will just print it off onto his headed paper and sign it.

A lot of companies will do a reference as if he was applying for a new job, but these are different as they are for a visa. I wouldn't worry about it if your husband has got references proving the last 2-3 years that are in the correct format, if this reference is relevant to that last 2-3 years then I would make them do it again.

Simone
Thanx Simone The reference my hubby got back was just an ordinary one, as he was told "you don't really need all that info" when its so obvious that you do and more besides. Think hubby will type an example letter, fingers crossed.
Lol
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Simoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to all
Smile Re: TRA and references

Thanx Simone The reference my hubby got back was just an ordinary one, as he was told "you don't really need all that info" when its so obvious that you do and more besides. Think hubby will type an example letter, fingers crossed.
Lol
Best of luck with you process.

Simone
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:25 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

hi lol

i saw you at the meet at the salt cellar, but didnt have chance to talk to you! our agent gave us a draft copy of 'letters', i photocopied a few copies, did a covering letter to all hubbies ex-employers, and took the documents in face to face. the letters came back as per the draft copy, which mean that his ex-employers wrote the same thing, but... it worked. let me know if you want a copy of this draft copy? i thought it looked at bit strange, his ex-employers all writing the same thing, but the agent was happy, and the TRA was passed.

michelle
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
hi lol

i saw you at the meet at the salt cellar, but didnt have chance to talk to you! our agent gave us a draft copy of 'letters', i photocopied a few copies, did a covering letter to all hubbies ex-employers, and took the documents in face to face. the letters came back as per the draft copy, which mean that his ex-employers wrote the same thing, but... it worked. let me know if you want a copy of this draft copy? i thought it looked at bit strange, his ex-employers all writing the same thing, but the agent was happy, and the TRA was passed.

michelle
Hi Michelle,
I think I would try just about anything at this point, its so frustrating. I would give my eye teeth for a copy, thanx. What is your hubby's occupation, mines a plumber, and we are going for a 136 skilled independant. Will you be going to the next meet in october?
bye for now and thanx again.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:58 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Michelle,
I think I would try just about anything at this point, its so frustrating. I would give my eye teeth for a copy, thanx. What is your hubby's occupation, mines a plumber, and we are going for a 136 skilled independant. Will you be going to the next meet in october?
bye for now and thanx again.
hes occupation is a painter and decorator. hopefully going to meet, it will depend on kids/hubbie.

im going to be bed now, pm me with your e-mail, and i will forward it tomorrow.

michelle