Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA questions for sparkies

TRA questions for sparkies

Old Feb 5th 2006, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about
Default TRA questions for sparkies

I have a couple of things that need clearing up about the TRA forms.
I'm a maintenance electrician and have done the apprenticship etc but still have some questions as what to put on the TRA form.

any maintenance electricians out there that can help please??
Old Feb 5th 2006, 9:45 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA questions for sparkies

Originally Posted by Pickle
I'm a maintenance electrician and have done the apprenticship etc but still have some questions as what to put on the TRA form.

i`m not a maintenance spark
i`m an installation spark but the TRA bits the same mate as i guess your applying for general electrician

pm me your email address and i`ll send you a copy of the additional info i sent with my application mate
that and a load of other info accumulated during the last 12 months on licencing etc

best regards Steve
Old Feb 5th 2006, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

What do you need to know?

My hubby is a maintenance electrician, but I did all the typing
Old Feb 5th 2006, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
i`m an installation spark but the TRA bits the same mate as i guess your applying for general electrician

pm me your email address and i`ll send you a copy of the additional info i sent with my application mate
that and a load of other info accumulated during the last 12 months on licencing etc

best regards Steve
Hi Steve...any chance of sending me the info on licence too? I was told in another forum that if you get your JIB in the UK then your licence is automatically issued in WA, but this doesn't look true!! Is there anything I can get on with in the UK to make the licence process quicker when we get to WA?
Old Feb 5th 2006, 11:40 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by john_w
Hi Steve...any chance of sending me the info on licence too? I was told in another forum that if you get your JIB in the UK then your licence is automatically issued in WA, but this doesn't look true!! Is there anything I can get on with in the UK to make the licence process quicker when we get to WA?
can get on with in the UK to make the licence process quicker when we get to WA

to be blunt no
you cannot apply for you skill certificate until you are in oz and have an Ozzie address then you apply for a electricians licence via your local safety office

i`ll pm you some info

can you pm or send your email address and i can send you the relevant pdf files

regards Steve

ps dont confuse the tra certificate with your tra trade recognition they are complteley differnt
Attached Files
File Type: doc
License info on be.doc (60.5 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by steve`o; Feb 5th 2006 at 11:51 am.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

best regards Steve
Hiya Steve,

any chance you can send me that info too. Just about to send off my TRA stuff and just want to make sure I ain't missing anything.

Cheers

Andy
Old Feb 5th 2006, 11:47 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by andicee
Hiya Steve,

any chance you can send me that info too. Just about to send off my TRA stuff and just want to make sure I ain't missing anything.

Cheers

Andy
pm me your email address mate
Old Feb 5th 2006, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

pm me your email address mate
Done fella. Cheers
Old Feb 5th 2006, 12:04 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by andicee
Done fella. Cheers
should hit your email in box right about

now
Old Feb 5th 2006, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about

the problem is I don't want to get my trade recognised for a visa as i'm going on a spouse visa but i do want to be able to work as an maint electrician when I land in sunny brisbane in september.

so do i need TRA or is it NOOSR. I just don't know and to be honest the web sites for the info are just not that helpfull.

i think its NOOSR i need, I've e-mailed them but who knows when they will reply.

so what i need is someone who moved to oz on a spouse visa but is also a maintenance electrician. anyone out there fit the bill????

oh and cheers steve your info was good, oh and nice pic
Old Feb 5th 2006, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

the problem is I don't want to get my trade recognised for a visa as i'm going on a spouse visa but i do want to be able to work as an maint electrician when I land in sunny brisbane in september.

so do i need TRA or is it NOOSR. I just don't know and to be honest the web sites for the info are just not that helpfull.

i think its NOOSR i need, I've e-mailed them but who knows when they will reply.

so what i need is someone who moved to oz on a spouse visa but is also a maintenance electrician. anyone out there fit the bill????

oh and cheers steve your info was good, oh and nice pic

You can't apply for a license until you are in Australia. I'll dig around and find you the link.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 12:30 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by WendyC
You can't apply for a license until you are in Australia. I'll dig around and find you the link.
its attached to post 5 Wendy
Old Feb 5th 2006, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

its attached to post 5 Wendy

Ok so I didn't read all the posts
Old Feb 5th 2006, 12:33 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by WendyC
Ok so I didn't read all the posts
lol dont get this one deleted as well dear
Old Feb 5th 2006, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lol dont get this one deleted as well dear

It wasn't me, honest

I was posting modest piccies, then someone posted a rather funny (nearly) naked one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.