Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA processing times ?????

TRA processing times ?????

Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:32 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default TRA processing times ?????

Hi guys,

just wondering if many of you out there are waiting on tra results? I sent mine on the 8th of August, had confirmation letter on the 22nd of August saying it would be processes but thats the last iv heard. Mine should be an easy one to process as im allready here and working in Australia and done the ARTC for me to work as an electrician. Im on a 457 but now applying for pr. Just wish they would hurry up as we want to get the ball rolling!

Stu
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA processing times ?????

Originally Posted by stu:0
Hi guys,

just wondering if many of you out there are waiting on tra results? I sent mine on the 8th of August, had confirmation letter on the 22nd of August saying it would be processes but thats the last iv heard. Mine should be an easy one to process as im allready here and working in Australia and done the ARTC for me to work as an electrician. Im on a 457 but now applying for pr. Just wish they would hurry up as we want to get the ball rolling!

Stu

You should have it any day now Stu. It should only take 20 days, but you need to add a bit on for postage.

If it hasn't come by the end of this month e-mail them. I did that and it came two days later
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:42 am
The Marriott's

kev9672jedi will become famous soon enough

Hi Stu my oh is a sparky too, agent sent our TRA of on 21st August and just got an email today saying we've passed! Im sure yours will be any time now, I think theres been a bit of a surge in people applying before 1st of Sept.

Good Luck

Julie and Kev
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:46 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wendy
You should have it any day now Stu. It should only take 20 days, but you need to add a bit on for postage.

If it hasn't come by the end of this month e-mail them. I did that and it came two days later
Hi Wendy, good to hear from you! I have mailed them just said its still waiting to be done! I can only think they had a big influx of them with this new assesment that has come in??? Hows the weather down your way? its starting to warm up here in cairns! Not long till the wet season im rather looking forward to it, heard so much about it!

Stu
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wendy, good to hear from you! I have mailed them just said its still waiting to be done! I can only think they had a big influx of them with this new assesment that has come in??? Hows the weather down your way? its starting to warm up here in cairns! Not long till the wet season im rather looking forward to it, heard so much about it!

Stu

Yeah, you're probably right about them being inundated. It won't be too much longer I'm sure.

Weathers been great down here, we've had a few nice days of 27ish. Tomorrow is going to be 30+ with a lovely North Wind (I'm kidding about lovely, it's like being in a hair dryer - it gets that hot it singes the hairs on your arms ) Back down to 19 - 20 though by the end of the week
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:50 pm
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

Stu
If it helps at all mine took near on 8 weeks from receipt to issue. Apparently departmental changes slowing things down.....
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:45 am
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by iceman
If it helps at all mine took near on 8 weeks from receipt to issue. Apparently departmental changes slowing things down.....
Thanks for that mate! Think mine is going to be the same amount of time! Still not arrived
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Dazed_Confused is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they are busy

Mine was sent on the 21st of August

I am onshore and trade in on the MODL

I should of heard in about 10 days, but it took them till the 29th to send an acknowledgement letter, and as of the 27th of September I am STILL waiting!! ... :curse:
Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:25 am
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

Thanks for that mate! Think mine is going to be the same amount of time! Still not arrived
Stu,

If it gives you an idea. Mine was sent on 9th July, they received in 11th July. Then I heard nothing except an acknowledgment a couple of weeks later, and the ARTC was granted on 27th August, but didnt arrive until 30th August. You should hear any day now. Give me a call if you need anything else.

James

PS Have you got an email address for Alex that you could PM??
Old Sep 27th 2007, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Helz980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

It took a total of 5 weeks for our TRA to be processed and come back with a positive result! I had kinda forgotten about it!

Good luck with the wait

Helz
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:07 pm
The Master of Disaster

Originally Posted by Helz980
Hiya

It took a total of 5 weeks for our TRA to be processed and come back with a positive result! I had kinda forgotten about it!

Good luck with the wait

Helz
Is that for an ARTC or pre migration ?? The pre migration is a little shorter at the moment. They are done by two different offices and the assessment procedure is a little different
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Hi Iceman

Its for pre-migration, we are doing our DIAC forms now!!!

Helz
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:29 am
The Master of Disaster

Originally Posted by Helz980
Hi Iceman

Its for pre-migration, we are doing our DIAC forms now!!!

Helz

Thats the easier one. I had to have all my references redone and new statutory declarations etc as the first TRA was not containing enough evidence to get through the ARTC assessment. Unless you need a licence to work, ie. electrician, refrigeration mechanic, or a job that requires a restricted electrical licence (lift mechanic) then it doesn't really matter that much anyway.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 9:22 am
Just Joined

My OH is a mechanical engineer and we are applying for Skilled Independent. Looking to head to somewhere in the brissy area or newcastle (odd seeing as we live near newcastle in england!) BUT the biggest hurdle isnt the forms or sorting stuff out it'll be informing the parents...........not looking forward to that!

Helz